Lee

Your browser of choice

Browsers   34 members have voted

1. 1. What browser do you prefer to use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other (please state)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

68 posts in this topic

Got a few polls going on here, so why not add one for our browsers.

Greg got me to try out Opera and I used it for a little over a year I believe before switching back to Firefox. Not sure why I did, it just happened. I'll probably give Opera a go again because Firefox doesn't run too good under Windows Vista. I'd have to say Opera was my choice of browser.

Anyway, tell us what browser you prefer to use! :(

Glad to see you choose Opera. Would be interested to see what other people use. How many passionate Opera users there are (other than me and Seeker)... And how many people still using IE. Most people who read these forums will vote for Firefox I suspect.

Glad to see you choose Opera. Would be interested to see what other people use. How many passionate Opera users there are (other than me and Seeker)... And how many people still using IE. Most people who read these forums will vote for Firefox I suspect.

From our forum statistics: 60% IE, 30% Firefox and 10% Opera. ;)

I wonder what our active member percentage is though considering Opera is winning. :(

:rolleyes: must I really write it down too :thumbsup:

I use Maxthon

Hehe, I remember MyIE2, now Maxthon. It was pretty good because although it uses the IE engine by default it can use Firefox's Gecko engine too. As far as IE engine (Trident) using browsers go though, I prefer Avant Browser, although there site reminds me of parts of the Opera site, and they even claim almost the exactly same thing as Opera "The Fastest Web Browser on Earth!" which is unfortunately a lie.

Opera. Ranked in first 15 in the Opera affiliate list out of god knows how many thousand.

Just switched back to Opera, must faster. :)

If I wouldn't prefer extra functionality from FF extenstions it would be Opera. But I do :)

(I use Opera and FF together, Opera is mostly for secure sites, still FF is primary)

If I wouldn't prefer extra functionality from FF plugins it would be Opera. But I do ;)

(I use Opera and FF together, Opera is mostly for secure sites, still FF is primary)

Which Firefox components? Undeniable that there's some components Firefox has which allow it to do things Opera can't but I'm interested in which ones they are for you.

Firefox with these add-ons : AddBlock Plus, Biet-o-Zilla, Download Status bar, Forecast Fox, Fox Clocks, Host.IP.Info- Geolocation Plugin, Locationbar, NoScript (ScriptBlocker), Sage (Rss-Feeds), Tab-Preview (very cool), Video-Downloader

And my all time favorite theme : Noia 2.0 (eXtreme)

lynx

edit: only joking it has to be FF with the firebug extention

OK, so I came late to this...but Flickr? Flickr is not a browser, LEE :lol:

OK, so I came late to this...but Flickr? Flickr is not a browser, LEE :lol:

Well if I'd get to decide IE wouldn't be a browser either :)

And my browser(s) of choice Firefox and Opera...

Edit: Balder, Firebug for the win :(

Opera with implemented AdBlocker

btw few months ago I saw some security test. It showed how many security holes are in browser.

The most secure browser was Opera, then IE and Firefox was on the last place :lol:

Opera with implemented AdBlocker

btw few months ago I saw some security test. It showed how many security holes are in browser.

The most secure browser was Opera, then IE and Firefox was on the last place :lol:

The number of security holes alone is unimportant. Firefox has one dating back to 2003/2004, but it's a low risk hole. IE probably has more higher level holes. Firefox is open source so exploits are generally found more easily, but even when holes are found, Opera tends to be be the quickest to resolve them.

I dunno about security, but there are just things you can't do with Opera... (I was expecting a lot from their widgets when they first came, but was soon disappointed), and until that changes Opera will be on the second place for me, always...

# Adblock Plus

# ColorZilla

# Firebug

# Html Validator

# IE Tab

# Fasterfox

# Gmail Manager

# Linkification

When there is another browser with at least the features of the above extensions (or even close to those) I might consider switching (bold being absolute must), but not before...

Adblock is is not an issue, Opera is already fast so doesn't need fasterfox except for the prefetching of links. Right clicking then open in IE is generally good enough for me than using IE rendering engine in the browser. Gmail can be accessed via POP3 anyway so Opera can be used and you'll receive mail notifications etc., although I'll admit that Gmail Manager offers some features which accessing via POP3 can't (but things like knowing space usage are not needing to me). Linkification is unrequired due to the way Opera handles selection, double clicking on the last part of a plain-text url will select the whole thing and automatically opening the context menu, which includes the ability to "Go to URL". Hitting Ctrl+F3 in Opera will bring up the source code of a website and allow you to make instant changes, similar to Firebug, syntax highlighting etc is there, which is generally good enough. Things can be added to Opera's context menu to allow you to check a page by right-clicking the URL or the current page and validating it with W3C or whatever, which I should assume is similar behaviour to the Html Validator. ColorZilla is something of which I'm not aware of any (even limited) copy for available to Opera. Seeing how easy it is to just right click then "Open in Firefox" I'd be willing to open Firefox for the few occasions I needed to know the colour of something (can even make it less than 2 clicks required if opening context menu).

A lot of things in Firefox are available in Opera, either because it's already there, or it's been added via User Javascript. Some things only offer limit functionality compared to Firefox, and some are not available at all. I'm sure it works the other way round though.

Greg is definitely a dedicated Opera fan. :wub:

Every browser sucks in different reasons. I am using many browsers, but firefox (goddamn it uses to much memory) is probably most used with following extensions...

#1 Firebug

#2 Web Developer

#3 ColorZilla

#4 Adblock Plus

#5 Html Validator

#6 FireFTP