Fake

Show us your desktop

102 posts in this topic

how did you get tabs in to messenger convo window?

and what's that theme, it looks nice :)

It's messenger plus live. leaked beta but meh lol

& its my personal mod of Luna Element 5 :)

oh and here comes mine (i like it nice and simple) :

Clicky Me

i'd never heard of peerguardian or craagle so cheers.

also here is mine very very simple, some may even say boring :blushing:

the bit on the right is my second desktop (even simpler)

post-939-1145393160_thumb.jpg

Edited by balder

To me simple isn't just what you see on the screen, it's also the RAM usage. Blackbox uses less RAM than explorer I think you'll find, even if you use the classic windows style most likely.

Sidey, just out of curiosity, what's that DC client between the 2 pwdc's ? never heard of it....

Nor would I expect you to have seen it. Locutus is well.. customized.. another coder built it for me and a very few others. To use LUA scripts for DC protection, and such. I only bring it into hubs when needed. as it tends to not like anyone. Its this way on purpose. its got custom built raw commands and detections in it for most every client. its based on DCDM source, but not the same as regular DCDM. source was from .495 if that helps you.. I dont use it much. only in emergencies.. (dont ask, I wont lie)

To me simple isn't just what you see on the screen, it's also the RAM usage. Blackbox uses less RAM than explorer I think you'll find, even if you use the classic windows style most likely.

grogs. where can I find out more info about this "Blackbox shell" anything to reduce overhead on resources is worth looking at for me...

Nor would I expect you to have seen it. Locutus is well.. customized.. another coder built it for me and a very few others. To use LUA scripts for DC protection, and such. I only bring it into hubs when needed. as it tends to not like anyone. Its this way on purpose. its got custom built raw commands and detections in it for most every client. its based on DCDM source, but not the same as regular DCDM. source was from .495 if that helps you.. I dont use it much. only in emergencies.. (dont ask, I wont lie)

grogs. where can I find out more info about this "Blackbox shell" anything to reduce overhead on resources is worth looking at for me...

very well i don't make you lie then :thumbsup:

and about blackbox here's something atleast:

http://www.bb4win.org/ (windows)

http://blackboxwm.sourceforge.net/ (*nix systems)

http://www.boxshots.org/ (screenshots, styles, other versions)

but i don't know which of these is best as there exist few ports for windows aswell...

bbLean is the best one availble for Windows in my opinion, for styles/themes do take a look on deviantart. It's a very customizable shell.

bbLean

Plugins

Desktop

I usually just have some neat photo as my background.

Hmm... some of you dock users might want to check out Orbit, it's rather nice.

Heh, well i doubt you're the only person to use docks, considering Y'z Dock has been mentioned. :thumbsup:

RainyShadow, nice to see you here too (again?).

Really nice desktop, still I wonder whether the work for it wasn't longer than the Windows installation? :stuart:

RainyShadow, nice to see you here too (again?).

Really nice desktop, still I wonder whether the work for it wasn't longer than the Windows installation? :)

Yeah, very true! Installation takes less than a hour, but setting all the stuff right up to the smallest details needs much more time. I'm doing this for almost two years since last install :)

And there're a lot of things that can't be shown with a screenshot, things i enjoy every single day...

btw. some desktop examples here gave me a few nice ideas for future improving :D

Heh, my desktop can't improve, not that I ever look at it. Functionability is everything for me, if it looks nice that's a bonus, but not required.

Well this is my desktop using Sphere Xp its a cool program makes your Desktop 3D worth checking out

You will not find some desk simpler than that :)

Here is mine (click to enlarge):

keinedesk0mx.th.jpg

Cheers,

Keine

Edited by Keine

You will not find some desk simpler than that :D

Here is mine (click to enlarge):

keinedesk0mx.th.jpg

Cheers,

Keine

The simpler - The faster - The better :)

But which is faster and uses less resources? That or blackbox, that may look visually simpler than a lot of blackbox setups, but it's by no means faster I wouldn't have thought, with the XP theme and posible sliding start menu etc.

But which is faster and uses less resources? That or blackbox, that may look visually simpler than a lot of black box setups, but it's by no means faster I wouldn't have thought, with the XP theme and posible sliding start menu etc.

Who cares about resources if you have a good computer :) If you were worried about them you'd spend more money on RAM, hard drives, and a CPU. :unsure: If you want more speed, also try to disable paging of the XP Kernel, that way it runs off of the RAM instead of the HDD.

Alright, lets show you some more cool stuff blackbox can do. This is a setup I just created this afternoon. It's pretty similar, just different theme, and some new cool stuff added... wallpaper gone too. There is a system monitor there (custom built) and foobar/winamp controller (again, custom built). I can working on adding loads more stuff to the deskop... and also button to show and hide this stuff.

My Desktop

Tell me what you think, only a 32KB screenshot too, heh. If simplicity and low resources look like that, I'm staying.

Edited by Greg