Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StopApex

Why make a client that destroys DC++?

37 posts in this topic

Congrats guys, you've ****ed this topic. It was about detecting stealthy, not bash the developer in our forums. Go do that over at his official forums rather than here.
i am going to ban and go in to my global op hub and tell all direct connect that Apex is not good if we liked multi source etc why do you think revconnect is not allowed the developer must be a stupid mother F"""r

i am going to ban and go in to my global op hub and tell all direct connect that Apex is not good if we liked multi source etc why do you think revconnect is not allowed the developer must be a stupid mother F"""r

What's a quote from my post gotta do with anything? :)

Since I can't make out exactly why you're banning the client, can you tell us? Is it multi-source? Go back to the dark ages mate, every other P2P protocol has multi source. ;)

Liny isn't a "stupid motherfucker" for implementing such a useful feature to the Direct Connect community that cares about moving DC forward, rather than staying on old clients such as 0.401.

And.......I suppose if you want the perfect client..............Build the sucker, don't bitch out the people who are doing it for you.. For Free I might add..just my humble opinon.

jt

I wonder how much attitutes like these will change when DC++ is multisource as well. ;)

What's a quote from my post gotta do with anything? ^_^

Since I can't make out exactly why you're banning the client, can you tell us? Is it multi-source? Go back to the dark ages mate, every other P2P protocol has multi source. :rolleyes:

Liny isn't a "stupid mother****er" for implementing such a useful feature to the Direct Connect community that cares about moving DC forward, rather than staying on old clients such as 0.401.

you got netlimiting features to so why develope ****?

OK Lets re-wind here..... What exactly do you not like about this client... Please let us know in coherant sentances or not at all.

It is Multi-downloading - In my opinion thats a good thing

It has Limiting Capabilities - In my opinion thats a good thing (as long as used sensibly)

Both these things can be regulated by the rules of the hub... Are you not good enough an Op to do this in your hub ??

Please don't flame people here who, as previously stated, are developing a good client for the DC++ Community for free...

If you don't like it... Fine don't use it but please don't come in here telling these people it's ****, thats plain RUDE!!!

well well well the original DC++ let me run nothing else than DC++ on my connection (specaily into the past when my ISP could only over a 64/512 ADSL line. so those who run more than just a DC++ client , like i even runned a hub on that crappy line ... need to be able to limmit the amount of upload by DC++.

the time that we have DC++ 0.12 even the neo modus original client runned better for me.

I agree limmiters should be showed into the tag and a ratio from max 4 to 1 down up looks to be fine to me.

the only reason the hide limmiters is that some hub owners/(bot)developpers are to stupide to get those basic know how about how things can run more smooth.

the only serious thing against leechers is if there comes a upload download ratio checker build in to all clients.

but a save way with out change the cheat a way around it would be hard to create.

clients with a limmiter let me get email and brouwse the web with out that my line get almost dead couse dc++ thake all upload , it let user connect from thier ( fast ) work connection , it let users do Torrents and use DC at the same time. i'm prety shore it bring only more users to hubs if there are clients that let you be the boss over the connection you use instead of a silly aplication that think its cool to use all resources you have.

at my ISP i can see the amount off data trafic i generate ... and even i'm limmit torrents and DC uploads .. i have more upload that downloading ( 125 to 200 GB a month upload right now ) 1.5 TB a year on my capped 80kB/s upload. some times i test one of the new original clients and at that time my upload get bloated that it dont even can get the max speed anymore. if we all have 10 Mbit up/down on the same protocol it would be way more easy to make a nice and cheat protected client.

darn my 3rd post here and reading it back its a bit negative ... come on KEEP Direct Connect for FUNN and Plesure .....

A_Alias

you got netlimiting features to so why develope shit?

Damn you are an idiot. The majority of all internet users are affected by how much they upload. If they saturate their upload, they cannot download - that includes browsing the web - so why would you want to force that upon users? That is completely rediculous, which is why mods with a limiter in is so popular. Bare in mind we don't hide the tag either.

Like so many people have said, if you don't like what we release, don't use it. Which means you're not going to be using StrongDC++, revconnect, CZDC++, etc... all decent mods that bring a lot of innovative features to DC. :rolleyes:

I don't see what his problem is, there is nothing to stop any client being limited with programs like netlimiter.

I have used it myself without any op etc in the hubs any the wiser.

At least if its in the program then it can be seen & also how much someone is limiting.

Stop Apex, if you go in Global ops and post a ban against apex and other multisource clients guess what,im going to laugh at you and so is 90% of the hub which should make you feel like a REAL ass. :rolleyes:

Stopapex is another ass on DC++ everyone could so without .. good job the devs didnt have his attitude when creating clients we still be stuck on 401 and earlier versions :\ what fun :rolleyes:

well happy downloading on your *non* multisource client and us peeps will enjoy downloading with our multi source .. good work ppl on the ApexDC .. and what about the ApeXOp when will we see a sneak preview of it ^_^

Who helped this kid get past his parental controls to get on the forums *rolls eyes*

some people just have way too much time on their hands

keep up the good work dev team

-Nick Danger [http://nickdanger.ro0t.com/]

Maybe it should be a maxlimit-limit, can´t go lower than 20kb/s or so, so ppl don´t abuse the limit.

I would get rid of DC++ emulation in the client, I hate fakers.

Limiter sould be visible to op's at all time aswell. I allow limiting in my hub but no lower than 35kb/s but some ppl are always trying to limit to 1kb/s. No hub will tolarate that.

Lamers and fakers make DC bad so don´t support users like that by giving them tools to cheat

Maybe it should be a maxlimit-limit, can´t go lower than 20kb/s or so, so ppl don´t abuse the limit.

I would get rid of DC++ emulation in the client, I hate fakers.

Limiter sould be visible to op's at all time aswell. I allow limiting in my hub but no lower than 35kb/s but some ppl are always trying to limit to 1kb/s. No hub will tolarate that.

Lamers and fakers make DC bad so don´t support users like that by giving them tools to cheat

128 kbit and 256 kbit are still used by lots of ISP's cant blame users that there isnt a better connection to them (or not can pay bigg cash for faster lines)

128 kbit will give like 14 kB/s and if you allowed those users to run at 10 kB/s the have some left to get email and brouwse the web and it keep thier line more stable if upload isnt maxed out.

for users who have 512 kbit (54kB/s) who like todo torrents and direct connect at the same time 22kB for DC 22 kB for torrent keep em stable.

some conections run way better if you limmit to use max 80% to 95% from your total upload power.

beter a slower users that runs 24x7 than those who go away to work and get emails on thier PC's.

for some peeps there is just the need to run more than only thier DC client.

right now i have 768kbit (82kB/s) and i noticed how lower your capped how more there was the need to limmit the upload to keep the line working on my ADSL

against cheats and leechers let upload limmits also limmit thier download speeds

a smart thing is than to work with a table every upload limmiter setup below:

5 kB/s get max 1 times the value download speed

10 kB/s get max 2 times the value download speed

20 kB/s get max 2.5 times the value download speed

30 kB/s get max 3 times the value download speed

40 kB/s get max 3.5 times the value download speed

50 kB/s get max 4 times the value download speed

60 kB/s get max 5 times the value download speed

70 kB/s get max 6 times the value download speed

80 kB/s get max 7 times the value download speed

and for higher levels unlimmited download speeds

even if you do this ... netlimmiter can be used ... if the realy like to cheat there isnt a way to hold em away from it.

A_Alias

NetLimiter is shown in description though (AFAIK). Get rid of emulation? What about hubs that haven't heard of ApexDC++... no users will be able to connect.

well and thay sure won´t hear of it if thay never see it :shifty:

and hubs that does not let ApexDC in are just stupit and not worth viseting hehe

well and thay sure won´t hear of it if thay never see it :shifty:

and hubs that does not let ApexDC in are just stupit and not worth viseting hehe

True, but there are a lot of people with the same idiotic view as the author of this topic.

take out upload limit from DC client

No. Try browsing the Internet when uploading flat out in DC++. Hell, you won't even be able to achieve a decent download speed because your upload speed is saturating the connection. That's what you want to happen in ApexDC++? We don't. :shifty:

No. Try browsing the Internet when uploading flat out in DC++. Hell, you won't even be able to achieve a decent download speed because your upload speed is saturating the connection. That's what you want to happen in ApexDC++? We don't. ^_^

how to download more faster and surf the web when DC CLIENTS (ALL) working ?

1. your upload slot - 2-3 . no more.

2. if you have sp2 installed, run this patch

http://sababadc.com/ver/files/sp2_patch.zip

3. tweak tcp connection - run this reg file

http://www.sababadc.com/win2k_tcp.zip

4. only for windows xp pro users

This tweak is designed for broadband users on Windows XP Pro Edition. For

Windows Home Edition, consult the forum, as gpedit.msc is not available

for you. This tweak will only remove an internet reserve of 20%,

although this is not active unless you are running QoS Aware programs.<br>

1.Log on as "Administrator".

2. Run - gpedit.msc

3. Expand the "Local Computer Policy" branch

4. Then expand the "Administrative Templates" branch

5. Expand the "Network" branch

6. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left pane.

7. In the right window pane double-click the "Limit Reservable Bandwidth" setting

8. On the settings tab check the "Enabled" item

9. Change "Bandwidth limit %" to read 0 (if you have router

change it to 1)

10. Then go to your Network connections Start= Connect to= Show All Connections and right-click on your connection. Then under the General or the Networking tab,

(where it lists your protocols) make sure QoS packet scheduler is enabled.

now restart your computer.

that all now you can upload, download and surf the web !

You're limiting your whole computer/internet connection, this is client based. And tell me, will users really understand all that, over a limiter? - considering they can't even get into active mode I believe the answer is no.

[

Hadn't noticed that part - thought it said DISabled - dude, EVERYONE know you DISABLE QOS from Day One! Even uninstall the bloody protocol! If that is your advice for speeding UP a connection, then you've got everything ass backwards.

You're limiting your whole computer/internet connection, this is client based. And tell me, will users really understand all that, over a limiter? - considering they can't even get into active mode I believe the answer is no.

yes users understand that.

I'm not limiting whole computer/internet connection. that wrong and nonsense.

if they know how to open ports and use dc clients they are smart.

if they don't know to read 4 lines they probably using emule :)

Israeli chilled 12 years old doing that and upload all bandwidth with sababadc.

why not in apexdc?

more upload more faster download in DC community.

just try and see i"m right

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0