Crise

ApexDC++ Official Support Hub - Discussion

85 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's a really good hub and we provide lots of support there. Even I'm one of the support crew there and with the new version of the hub (which is still in testing at current) coming ou,t soon enough for ApexDC++, support will be even better. A number of common support issues should even be solvable without us even being there, although of course we still will be.

<<<< Is OP there as well, I like to help people

I'm thankful for you guys for having a support hub but it kicked me out for twenty minutes almost as soon as I got there. I mean... I don't usually put "/" instead "?" but I'll admit it... I made a typo... that bot is a little to harsh. ;)

I'll ensure Sidetrack (the owner of the hub) is notified of this situation, I'm sure he'll fix it in no time. ;)

I'm guessing it's because it's a forward slash.... "/" doesn't appear to be affected.

I went back in and it kicked me again when I tried to use ":\" because I tend to type smiley faces alot. :thumbsup: It's almost impossible to get help with a picky bot like that. Perhaps if "\" is still unaccetable sending a warning instead of a twenty minute kick.

I'm not worried. Just dissappointed. :thumbsup:

I fixed the probelm myself but I was pointing out to someone the prob with magnet links opening without users lists...

I'm sorry datadyne, but it will solved as soon a spossible, really. It's late for the person hsoitng the hub - they can't be around 24 hours a day unfortunatly. Considering how long we've waited for ApexDC++, this is nothing. :thumbsup:

Indeed, just a shame about the length of the ban. Oh well, it's nothing major, as you say.

I'm guessing it's because it's a forward slash.... "/" doesn't appear to be affected.

I went back in and it kicked me again when I tried to use ":\" because I tend to type smiley faces alot. :D It's almost impossible to get help with a picky bot like that. Perhaps if "\" is still unaccetable sending a warning instead of a twenty minute kick.

This problem is solved.. With the Release of Apex, we tightened security to protect against flooding the hub to get software, along with many other things.. I apologize for any inconvience. If you see other problems Feel free to post here, or PM me via forums or the hub if you are in it.. Thanx, Sidey (Tech-Geeks Online, Co-Owner)

TGO is groing pretty fast and is plenty of apex users. Congrats Sidetrack and OP/Dev Team for this ;)

Thank you Keine for the comments on here regarding TGO.. we have worked very long and hard to be ready for the release of Apex. TGO will continue to mold itself into better each day.. more info is being added, help files, options for regular users and more.. As we progress, the world of Help/TechSupport can only get better..

TGO very nice hub, have been there for sometime now. It's prety active and relating clients it's easy to find help.

Please note, in the event that the P2P checker goes down again. We can use the site, http://www.Canyouseeme.org, however your client must be started and you have to manually put the port in.

Discussion may commence here :whistling:

TGO is a cool idea I wish more clients would have thier own hubs. I'm glad there is someone to answer all my stupid questions if there wasnt I wouldnt make any progress at all. One of the main reasons I decided to switch to Apex was the fact that it had a support hub It was the one thing that swayed my decision in the favor of apex. Thx to all the support team who have helped me out recently.

[Apex-vip]TYR

TGO is a cool idea I wish more clients would have thier own hubs. I'm glad there is someone to answer all my stupid questions if there wasnt I wouldnt make any progress at all. One of the main reasons I decided to switch to Apex was the fact that it had a support hub It was the one thing that swayed my decision in the favor of apex. Thx to all the support team who have helped me out recently.

[Apex-vip]TYR

Thank you very much, glad it's been of help to you. ;)

[Apex-Support]Grogs

Off-topic: One year tomorrow that this thread was created. :stuart:

Off-topic: One year tomorrow that this thread was created. :stuart:

This means also that it's been one year for these forums as well (as if i remember correctly i created this topic on the day of installation), and thus for ApexDC pretty much too...

Yep, just look at our join dates. Happy first birthday to Apex for tomorrow. :stuart:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Apex, Happy Birthday to you! ;)

And all the best wishes to all of us, the people who are making this place so cool!

Hope I am the first, 19.01. 03:30 AM here. :) Greg, you are ahead with one min. :stuart:

Sorry guys. I not been around in a while, had many personal issues and network related issues that have forced me to be away from both apex and DC lately. working on getting myself back.. just wanted to let you guys know I still exist.

any time tyr, I know I have worked with you in the past but have not been around much lately.. sorry for this.. however, we are actually working to provide more. watch for more news on this topic.. including adding support for dev teams themselves, and for beta testers.. its in the works guys. crise and others have discussed this quite a few times. its slowly coming to fruit..