Yeti

[Apex 1.0.0.B3] Emoticons not working

18 posts in this topic

Hi,

I installed B3 today, everything seems to be fine, except that when I click on the emoticons icon near the text input bar nothing happens, and text shortcuts are not converted in emoticons.

Yeti

a) do you have emoticons installed?

B) right-click the emoticon button and check "Disabled" is not checked

Right click on the emoticon and select the emo pack you want to use :)

lol I had exactly the same problem, which is kinda embarrassing, Thanks Crise for your 1-1 hand holding :(

If you use the binary there are no emopacks in that, you have to copy them from elsewhere.

That was the solution.

I think that a pack of emoticons should be selected by default (Peerweb' set preferably).

Noctis: I used the binary tu upgrabe from Beta 2, so emoticons were already installed. After noticing that I couldn't use them I uninstalled Apex and reinstalled it with the Beta 3 setup, and faced the same problem.

I think the idea of not having it selecting is to promote choice.

I guess if peerweb was default no one would change it.

What about a window "Please choose emopack now" on first run?

I don't think it's necessary to have a special treatment for emoticons during/after reinstall/upgrade, users just need to copy it. If you see you don't have emoticons and check your ApexDC++ folder you notice there aren't an EmoPacks folder... could be figured out.

I feel that sort of option would remove choice. But even at that, surely a note somewhere stating in big letters that you need to enable emote's would solve this sort of question??

I feel that sort of option would remove choice. But even at that, surely a note somewhere stating in big letters that you need to enable emote's would solve this sort of question??

but it's p2p application for sharing and not something where user must be informed about the fact that emoticons are disabled :D

I don't think so. Really dumb people aren't able to read message and asks for a help immediately :D

I don't think so. Really dumb people aren't able to read message and asks for a help immediately :D

ROFL

/me backs down....

I aint got an answer to that one.....voice of experience.

/Off The Bulgarian DC++ help page ( http://vx8.hit.bg ) starts with "If you are a complete idiot, you have come to the right place." /Off

I read somewhere that DC is a bit more advanced p2p application than other ones. That may be true, but I think some people just don't pay any attention to the program they just installed (DC client in this case), kinda like if you would break through the door with your head, which is painful, and you could have just knocked, and someone would let you in (or the doors was always open) :lol:

Reminds me when newbies come to TGO saying "I want to download, give me slot, give me movie." and you tell them that they have to register to download because it's a support hub, paste the regsteps to them, they either ignore it and keep repeating the above phrase :) or they ask it again after typing /fav :) ...and it's all written down in the MOTD.

Sorry, just had some philosophic moment there. :)