Guest Toast

Suggest features for ApexDC++

149 posts in this topic

I'm testing DC client called EiskaltDC++ and I found many usefull features which I would be happy to see in Apex. :)

1. The settings menu is not a treeview but there are 8 sections on the left and each section has subsections on the right as tab panels. Settings are grouped and well-arranged, you don't need to expand submenus in the tree.

2. The status of indexing is shown as progress bar in status bar.

3. Some features has their own icon in the Toolbar (e.g. Turn on/off chat, search in the chat, open own filelist, show/hide transfers)

There is also more features (e.g. IP Filter, Spam Filter, LUA Console, download limit per virtual folder, ...). Just try it and make your own opinion.

I'm testing DC client called EiskaltDC++ and I found many usefull features which I would be happy to see in Apex. :)

1. The settings menu is not a treeview but there are 8 sections on the left and each section has subsections on the right as tab panels. Settings are grouped and well-arranged, you don't need to expand submenus in the tree.

2. The status of indexing is shown as progress bar in status bar.

3. Some features has their own icon in the Toolbar (e.g. Turn on/off chat, search in the chat, open own filelist, show/hide transfers)

There is also more features (e.g. IP Filter, Spam Filter, LUA Console, download limit per virtual folder, ...). Just try it and make your own opinion.

I use EiskaltDC++ on Linux. One feature I really like and would like to see in ApexDC++ is the side tab bar, it makes it really easy to navigate to all your tabs and is a lot less confusing than having a pile of 30 tabs at the bottom of your screen.

I use EiskaltDC++ on Linux. One feature I really like and would like to see in ApexDC++ is the side tab bar, it makes it really easy to navigate to all your tabs and is a lot less confusing than having a pile of 30 tabs at the bottom of your screen.

Did you try to set "Windows-Tabs position" to Left or Right?

Hi guys just want to say A M A Z I N G work with APEX :D

just would like to see a feature from another client i used to love - icedc/LANDC

the almighty /hdd command ... loved it ;)

Thanks

overload

Hi guys just want to say A M A Z I N G work with APEX :D

just would like to see a feature from another client i used to love - icedc/LANDC

the almighty /hdd command ... loved it ;)

Thanks

overload

What did it do? :D

probly list available hdds and sizes

Maybe free space vs total size as well.

We may never know ;)

Hi, I'd like the option of a 'back' button when browsing someone's file list. Or an 'up folder' button. I realise I can use the folder tree in the left pane, but it's fiddly and I lose my place (annoying when I've reached the later part of the alphabet!). Thanks. :)

Hi, I'd like the option of a 'back' button when browsing someone's file list. Or an 'up folder' button. I realise I can use the folder tree in the left pane, but it's fiddly and I lose my place (annoying when I've reached the later part of the alphabet!). Thanks. :)

Noted...

Hi all. I sometimes want to know what are the latest files people have added to their shares, I suggest to have an extra column (in search and in someone's file list) that would show the date/time a file was added so that when I click on that column, I can sort the files by the date they were added.

Thank you!

Hi all. I sometimes want to know what are the latest files people have added to their shares, I suggest to have an extra column (in search and in someone's file list) that would show the date/time a file was added so that when I click on that column, I can sort the files by the date they were added.

Thank you!

I am afraid this is not technically possible (at least not in NMDC).

Technically it is possible under any protocol its just an addition to the filelist xml there already has been a discussion about this i proposed this in dcdev a month ago but Big_Muscle along with other felt that the xml file would grow too large i also posted the idea at adcportal

http://www.adcportal.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=702

for full discussion

enjoy and if you want this, post at adcportal and let your voice be heard.

Toast, he is talking about searching where no transfers of filelists are involved.

(in search and in someone's file list)

Mek: <snip>

Edited by Lee

Allow me to clarify. When you hash a file, a time stamp is generated "[21:42:52] Finished hashing: ...\SharedFiles\Blablabla" in the notification bar below. I think that a date could be added to that. The result is stored in the hash file or wherever this data gets stored (filelist.xml). You do have a point regarding the growth of that file, but I'm sure you folks can figure out something ;-)

Take that time/date stamp and include it in a column when you are viewing someone's filelist so that you can arrange the files by time/date and see what's new. If it's too difficult to include a similar column in search then forget search.... just focus on the fileslist view.

I'm having high hopes for this!

PS: What tools/libraries do I need to tinker with the source code of Apex? I'd like to assess the feasibility of this suggestion.

Open File (or Directory) from within "Own File List" in ApexDC.

Would be awesome :)

Especially if like me you have loads of files over multiple drives etc.

In ApexDC all the important files are together, and the file list search function is quite cool and is faster than using windows 7's built in one.

When downloading large files, it's very annoying if you can't download them because the disk space in your "temporary download folder" is not sufficient (and this also causes confusion among unexperienced users). Then you have to reconfigure the temporary download location to another drive (and don't forget to change it back then). Please, please, make ApexDC++ download files directly to the destination folder, as all FTP clients do it.

2 things that would really make using Apex easier:

1. A "New Files" option on searches, with an optional date.

2. A decent web interface!! No reason these days why it shouldn't emulate the local interface in most ways!

Keep up the great work!

Please include a new feature about suppporting 255+ characters (includes file path) hashing! Right now i have a bunch of files that are affected, I get this: "file not found" even tough it is completely visible and usable in any file manager or by any program. I also know a client that supports it but since i want to stay with apex, I reallywould like to have this solved.

http://www.airdcpp.n...c.php?f=6&t=624 <--- this is the topic that explains the problem (and they also fixed it)

(tried airDC, well Apex is way better also in visibility and speed... not to mention the upload limit part, because airDC does not even HAVE that feature!) what a bummer...

So if this hash issue could be solved, Apex would be THE client for me! (and maybe if the memory usage would be more conservative but i can live with that)

Here, someone requested parallel hashing for multiple drives.

I also think this would be a great feature! It would certainly be a major reason to use ApexDC at LANs, where newbies have never used DC before and therefore haven't hashed any files, or people just haven't run their DC client to hash since the last LAN. This situation comes up at basically every LAN and some of the time these people haven't even finished hashing all their files by the end of the LAN.

Obviously, this isn't such a problem if you use ApexDC all the time, but everyone I know here (in New Zealand, the land of small data caps) uses it exclusively for LANs.

Here, someone requested parallel hashing for multiple drives.

Interesting... we must have missed this when it was posted. :)

"Favourie folders", almost like favourite users, to automatically grant slots for special contents in a specific folder.

Lee likes this

Context menus entries (see below) should have some keyboard accelerators defined. I'm not talking about shortcuts, but just simple underlined letters, so that for example I can right-click and quickly press 'c' to clear chat.

post-34919-0-04961400-1342052582_thumb.p