Lee

ApexDC++ OP

158 posts in this topic

After announcing three seperate projects for the growing ApexDC++ brand, constructive discussion and questions can be posted about our Operator version below.

We're currently considering what source code we should use to develop and build upon to create our own OP client. Experienced Dc operators' replies will be useful so if you are one, please post below. Many of you will have tried out a variety of clients to manage your dc hubs, and so we'd like you to post your experiences. try to include:

• Why the client you chose (stability, positive development, respectable dev team)
  • What features do you like in the client
  • What features would you like to see in our version

StrongDC++, Zion++ blue and DCDM++ are some obvious choices, any other suggestions? Give us your thoughts! :)

I will get as many of the OP team members of TGO to reply here as I can.. hopefully this will help. I am looking forward to seeing the outcomes of this thread..

hmm alot of features would be nice for OP apex *gets list*

Sasser source would be good was checking out the client earlier

don't op much, but when i do i like DCDM :)

Can we have specifics:

• Why the client you chose (stability, positive development, respectable dev team)
  • What features do you like in the client
  • What features would you like to see in our version

Thanks for your time.

well like dcdm

- ADL search

- points system ( u can give points for files not wanted but kick at a certain amount of point, example if someone has 1 dctmp he wont get kicked but for 5 dctmp he does)

- fake shares

-lua scripts ( might be needed in YnHub to add ur own regex and/or gameserver)

Well i tried DCDM too

but for the reason that it has the ip of a user showned in MC and PM near the nick, as i requested long time ago this feature and the hide share optin in /fav. it is stable ... but i didn't liked the design ... etc so i switched to peerweb until you guys will make the Apex DC++ Op Client... i didn't tried it too much, so take a look :) maybe you will find something that i didn't see ...

I would really like to see lua scripting included in any OP version

I would really like to see lua scripting included in any OP version

Seen lua scripting in any op clients that are still being developed?

Seen lua scripting in any op clients that are still being developed?

DCDM++ (svn) is, or is that too dead meat alredy?

DCDM++ (svn) is, or is that too dead meat alredy?

Deadmeat? DCDM++ is based on 0.401 code. The problem is newer DC++ versions will not allow you to grab their filelist and download off them. This is how the dev's are forcing you to update. DCDM++ is still being worked on, they're in 'buggy betas' stage. :)

Deadmeat? DCDM++ is based on 0.401 code. The problem is newer DC++ versions will not allow you to grab their filelist and download off them. This is how the dev's are forcing you to update. DCDM++ is still being worked on, they're in 'buggy betas' stage. :)

in that case none comes to mind, or does idc have lua (or is it even an op client) too long since i last looked :)

in that case none comes to mind, or does idc have lua (or is it even an op client) too long since i last looked :)
LDC++ is out of the question. We need to contact SkyNet and get him to post on what hes comortable with using.

LDC++ is out of the question. We need to contact SkyNet and get him to post on what hes comortable with using.

I posted iDC++ i(as of italian)DC++ :) and yep contacting skynet would be good idea :)

Hmmz my R2 has become obsolete :)

The most useful futures are:

* improved ADL search (forbidden, regexp, priorities, checks both filename and TTH*, its really essential stuff)

- and don't forget about to add some ADL specific variables to UCs!

* ability to use active searches - to be used as supplement to ADL (check Zion++ TiCoEd, iDC++ has some basic already)

* LUA (many things can be done with scripts, no need to mount into core)

And... yes IMHO that's even more then all for must have futures in client.

Of course very useful but not essential

* some better notify system then "throwing it all into mainchat". Maybe specific window with cheating logs, similar to system log window, but with per hub filtering...

* client detections, fakeshare detections, etc. - always welcomed, those will never be perfect or even near it, it should match most older cheating clients, but newer and active developed will always adapt, and fix detection holes)

* any working, dependable anti-cheat future is welcomed

* a way to LUA from context menu or search window from LUA... ect

* more context menu improvements (like Zion++ and other), multi hub raws, some possibility to customize click_on_IP context menu,

(it's rather not a part of specification, but maybe using UC? it's nothing wrong, you can always remove it later if specification changes.)

* there is always more You can think of once You get to that point :)

(*) haven't seen anywhere yet, shame for dcdm (& clones) devs :/

* client detections, fakeshare detections, etc. - always welcomed, those will never be perfect or even near it, it should match most older cheating clients, but newer and active developed will always adapt, and fix detection holes)

If you could either get one of AluMs clients or get ahold of him on DC [as I have been told he is still on under a different nick :) the detection is unbelieveable along with the Operator options in the client I have EDC and it is very nice even for an old client [only problem is... all of AluMs clients are 0.401] but still AluMs clients are unbelieveable if you could get a REAL one you are absolutely lucky :) [especially [ai]DC++

i agree with Kulmegil. i would really love to see lua. it is good way for people to test and develop new functionality.

i also think regex in adlsearch is a must. i am quite supprised that it is not there already. i woudnl't have thought it would have been that difficult a thing to implment. However i know there are already loads of things to do :).

Edit: if i could compile the damm thing on vc 2005 i might be able to have a crack at some of these things :)

LUA is not there since creator of SDC++ witch all is based on (BM) didn't want to add such functions to his client. Probably it's part of the "because StrongDC++ is p2p software and not programming tool..." motto

:)

As for regex it's a CPU killer (I can agree somehow, it's there to be used wisely) and not good for n00bs (unfortunately it's a majority of users.

Not a problem since regexp will only go for OP versions of ApexDC++ probably...

Just wondering if ApexDC++ dev team has enough "power" to finish task in reasonable amount of time... maybe it would be good to assign one person specially for creating of OPs version (if there is such volunteer available).

Just wondering if ApexDC++ dev team has enough "power" to finish task in reasonable amount of time... maybe it would be good to one person specially for creating of OPs version (if there is such volunteer available).

we hope thatwe do :)

and also about what to base the op-version in the best choice is SDC, because it's core is/will be upto date when RC11 is out (if it ever is). or is there any op-clients that are based on 0.647 or newer DC++? (i don't come up with any, expect zion++ might be, but not sure about it either)

Maybe Crise could be the OP coder and the CL supervisor? Or another person would be interested in developing one of the two versions?

BTW, in this way do we need a man for the Linux version too?

Edited by Zlobomir

Maybe Crise could be the OP coder and the CL supervisor? Or another person would be interested in developing one of the two versions?

BTW, in this way do we need a man for the Linux version too?

Like mentioned previously, SkyNet is in charge of the OP version.

Hmm... Is this the same SkyNet that is Admin in TGO?

Hmm... Is this the same SkyNet that is Admin in TGO?

Indeed.