Ottie

Op-client ApexDC++

40 posts in this topic

A client called FireDC++ has this feature of different filelists for different hubs.

A client called FireDC++ has this feature of different filelists for different hubs.

Let me guess, another private client... am i right?

I only know one person who has it so im asuming ;)

I only know one person who has it so im asuming ;)

:D *considers to delete spykes 2 posts as useless* Come here and tell us about a DC client that most likely is only used/available to one (or very few) person.... lol

I only know one person who has it so im asuming :D

Go knick the source. ;)

Most likely an impossible task...

I had gotten the client yesterday, but MSN Deleted it since it was an .exe ;)

Its a VERY rare client. As soon as I see the person I got it from, im getting it again. :D

I had gotten the client yesterday, but MSN Deleted it since it was an .exe ;)

Its a VERY rare client. As soon as I see the person I got it from, im getting it again. :D

Ask him to make a rar of it before sending it, that way you will get round msn seeing it as a danger

before i wanted to ask you to make that "different share for different hubs" but i see that the hideshare on hubs that i'm op is pretty enough.

so we'll all be able to get that client and test it when it'll be ready for public use? great :D

i want to know about that -> will there be an upgraded option of ignoring bots and hub messages? i'm thinking of ignoring one bot and not ignoring another, like: i wan't get those messages that users write to PmToOps, and Opchat, but don't want to get those that RegToStay bot sends me that xy was kicked because failed to register.

is it available or should i wait for next versions?

sorry if i posted it in the wrong topic :D

Is there anyway we can filter out IPs of a certain type. For in my instance we want to keep all our traffic inside of the ip range or 142.104.0.0 because as soon as we hit off campus traffic it uses up our users daily bandwidth limits and tat 1 gig up and down this is a big issue. At the moment we scan the ip's by hand and kick people and use an auto reg script that checks your ip at reg. but that doesn't stop people from reging on Uvic's wireless and going home and trying to use our hub. I'm not sure if any other clients have this function or not. I know it's possible to filter through a router or firewall software, but it'd be nice to have a function to run through the ip address and auto kick them.

[Edit]and this is apparently the wrong thread for this woops.

Is there anyway we can filter out IPs of a certain type. For in my instance we want to keep all our traffic inside of the ip range or 142.104.0.0 because as soon as we hit off campus traffic it uses up our users daily bandwidth limits and tat 1 gig up and down this is a big issue. At the moment we scan the ip's by hand and kick people and use an auto reg script that checks your ip at reg. but that doesn't stop people from reging on Uvic's wireless and going home and trying to use our hub. I'm not sure if any other clients have this function or not. I know it's possible to filter through a router or firewall software, but it'd be nice to have a function to run through the ip address and auto kick them.

[Edit]and this is apparently the wrong thread for this woops.

Something similar was discussed, but I again can't find the topic. It was something connected with the PG plugin.

Something similar was discussed, but I again can't find the topic. It was something connected with the PG plugin.

K I'll keep a look out for it

it's right with the peerguradian plugin. set it to not allow connections outside that ip-range by editing the file (for example in windows text editor), which is named like p2p or sg like that.

sorry, i don't know what is the name or look of it exactly, as i'm not at home to check it, but it'll solve your problem surely.

pg solved the same problem here before

firedc++? aint that Legolas new client

the thing with diff shares in diff hubs, and hideshare, etc

NMDC protocol don't tell what hub the request for files comes from, so it won't work afaik, BUT with hideshare in the client, at least you share 0 in the userlist, but if you are in many hubs, there is possible for users to get files from the hub you have hideshare in, and sometimes it can be problems to get your filelist in hubs you share in, since it send the 'hidesharelist' instead