Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 0.3.0 (Preview 3)

41 posts in this topic

Fresh from our compiling room comes public preview number three. We've probably managed to achieve our best release ever, with over 20 features and improvements. We still had time to present you with a brand new set of toolbar, menu and settings icons to give the client a brand new feel about it (feedback on the icons would be appreciated so we can improve it for next time).

The changelog states all the new features, fixes and changes for you check out and get your hands on, or you can visit our customisation page to find the latest in toolbars, emoticon packs and themes.

We recently passed 100,000 downloads, and I wish to reiterate how much we appreciate everybody's hard work and members' contributions. I owe a personal thanks to Crise, Big Muscle, Nas, and the whole of our staff (including our testers and subscribers).

Unfortunately we've had some serious problems with the Linux side of the project. mattdev121 has insufficient time to work on the project, and our recently established Linux coder balder hasn't got the experience to continue mattdev's work (read his thoughts). Therefore, as of this moment we've discontinued the Linux project. If anybody has experience in this field of work and would like to continue it, feel free to PM me.

this is a good one so id like to be the first to say thanks to all of the dev,admin and moderator team as well as Radox for all your hard :). good job

Grats.

Quite fine from first glance, hope that can get 0.4 soon. ;D

Still liked old icons more.

balder hasn't got the experience to continue mattdev's work

ijust wanted to let you all know my position :)

when i got the most current version of the ApexDC++ linux source both it and linuxDC use libraries which i am not very familure with. it also uses scons instead of make another programme i am not familiure with. i have therefore instructed the apex-dev team to seek a linux programmer who has more experience in these libraries/programms then myself. If anyone can offer this expertise please contact any of the admin dev team or myself.

in the mean time i will continue to work on the development of the linux client. However progress will be slow. I would also like to say to any one who would like to be Apex++ linux devs out there pls note that you will have my support in both testing and developing this client.

Great! :)

But beware : there is still this misleading " Current Version:0.2.2 (Preview 2) " at top on WWW- in "welcome" news.

Great! :)

But beware : there is still this misleading " Current Version:0.2.2 (Preview 2) " at top on WWW- in "welcome" news.

Thanks, will update it now. :)

Edit: done

Dugg, tnx for the new release :) 2 bad for Linux, but there are other clients in the meantime ..

Woot. New Release. Congrats Guys :) Too bad about the linux version though and unfortunately I'm not an experianced enough coder to help out(not to mention I'm not currently running linux either). maybe in a few years :) . Thanks for another great release, toolbars look sharpe.

Hail the Great Apex DC crew ! big thanks guys :) :)

can't wait to try it out! :)

Are you guys aware that StrongDC++ v2.03 is out ? Is this release based on that too ?

Edit: Yes you did. Sorry for asking. The changelog says CVS200. Good job.

I'm hoping it will work using the same settings from v0.2.2 because I would really hate it if I were to hash 115 GB again ! Also, I had a few wierd crashes from now and then... Hope you've plugged all the holes. :blink:

Edit 2: I love the blue folders (darker would've been nicer) but hate the green hub icons !

Yellow folders are probably the best and blue hub icons (or a shade of whit-ish purple) would've looked nicer.

Are you guys aware that StrongDC++ v2.03 is out ? Is this release based on that too ?

Edit: Yes you did. Sorry for asking. The changelog says CVS200. Good job.

I'm hoping it will work using the same settings from v0.2.2 because I would really hate it if I were to hash 115 GB again ! Also, I had a few wierd crashes from now and then... Hope you've plugged all the holes. :blink:

Edit 2: I love the blue folders (darker would've been nicer) but hate the green hub icons !

Yellow folders are probably the best and blue hub icons (or a shade of whit-ish purple) would've looked nicer.

Please look around the forums. Discuss the new interface icons here.. and you could have reported the bugs/crashes in order for us to fix them. :)

Congrats for the new version of ApexDC.

I have a question, how can I disable emoticons ?

- webxt

Delete/rename the 'EmoPacks' dir.(It must be where apex is installed)

EDIT: 2nd way - Right click the 'Emoticons Pack' icon in Apex and select 'Disabled'.

Congrats for the new version of ApexDC.

I have a question, how can I disable emoticons ?

- webxt

right click on the emoticon-> disable

i know what will i do after work :) (maybe during work, hope i won't get fired ^_^ )

thanks for the new release guys

i've been waiting for escpecially these ->

Feature: Ignored users list now editable via settings

Feature: PG plugin updater system (new update once per month)

Change: More translatable strings

when will there be an op-client if there will be one? :)

and also i'll start to translate it when finishing my "to dos" ;)

Or: Right-click on the guy with the sunglasses and select "Disabled". Better solution IMHO.

Sorry, havent noticed that.Now it looks like better solution to me too.Anyway, my way still works, right ^_^ ?