Klinsk

Huh?

55 posts in this topic

OK, everything is alright except, I can't search/download anything.

naamloosik9.jpg

naamloos2ko2.jpg

What seems to be the problem? :)

Nope, doesn't work. I have WinXP firewall enabled (with ApexDC enabled in Exceptions tab) but I suppose that doesn't have to do with anything. I don't see what else I can do...

(perhaps I should've posted this one as well, I use firewall with port forwarding)

naamloosvs4.png

Try ticking the box in Apex Settings "Do not allow Hub / UPnP to override" and restart apex. :)

Ehm....set the ports to 1414 not *414.

It's set to 1414, the screenshot is too scrambled to see.

Try ticking the box in Apex Settings "Do not allow Hub / UPnP to override" and restart apex. :)

That didn't work.

You have the LAN address in the virtual server page set to 192.168.1.2 instead of 192.168.1.102 like the GUI instructions state to do so. Correct this and lets see what happens. :)

And I strongly suggest you to get some real firewall and disable the XP one.

You have the LAN address in the virtual server page set to 192.168.1.2 instead of 192.168.1.102 like the GUI instructions state to do so. Correct this and lets see what happens. :)

I have to disappoint you, that doesn't work either. But normally you have to put in your router IP (which in my case ends with "2")

I also have AntiVir (which isn't really a firewall I guess)

Why? Windows Firewall is very good.

Please no off-topic discussions in this thread :(

Do I have to put a number in the TLS box perhaps? I'm honestly stunned, I've tried tons of things. I never should've formatted my computer and remember how I did it before lol...

TLS is an encryption protocol, it is used in ADC hubs, however, is there is no value in there ADC hubs will use NMDC transfer protocol's. So it is not important, if you want to try it, enter an open TCP port in there.

It has been playing wicked, nasty tricks to me.

Other dedicated software firewalls are better than "very good". :)

No changes whatsoever *sigh*...

Try setting the port higher, and reboot the router once you've changed the settings.

About my previous screenshots, the ports 1414 are already in use according to the Wikipedia UDP/TCP portlists.

About my previous screenshots, the ports 1414 are already in use according to the Wikipedia UDP/TCP portlists.

Do not use port/s, already occupied by other apps. Not gonna work.

UPDATE!!!

When visiting portforward.com I also learned that by port forwarding your router you must set up a static IP. Here is the outcome...

(sorry for the large images, but I only can adjust it with MSPaint and it always screw things up)

naamloosmc0.jpg

naamlooslt5.jpg

RESULT: still doesn't work.

GOOF: the LAN IP address on portforward begins with 192.168.2.x while mine starts with 192.168.1.x

The last three digits seem to be wrong too. Your computer's IP is 136 and you're forwarding to 146... You need to forward to 136.

Yeah well, when I clicked "Find Static IP address", he changes the numbers to 146 - 150. Isn't that the whole idea? What purpose is it setting up a static IP when you should just use your IP address? (192.168.1.136 in my case)

Yeah well, when I clicked "Find Static IP address", he changes the numbers to 146 - 150. Isn't that the whole idea? What purpose is it setting up a static IP when you should just use your IP address? (192.168.1.136 in my case)
You need to set up a static address so your DHCP server (your router, in your case) does not give you a different address every time you reboot your PC or repair your connection. That way, when you tell your router to forward a port to your PC, it will always forward it to the same IP address and it will always be the right one. You set up your static address in your Local Area Connection properties. It looks like you've already done that and that your static IP is 192.168.1.136.

Now, in your router firewall settings, you have to forward the ports (TCP and UDP) required by Apex to that 192.168.1.136 address. That's all there is to it.

I didn't know ISP used 192.168.1.x as an IP, in a way this makes the IP a lower version than IP4, which doesn't make sense.

BTW, the IP in ipconfig IS NOT your external IP, go to whatismyip.com and check it is actually 192.168.1.136.