Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caveman

Support: How does this work?

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is there a manual? I can't find a link to download one. Would also appreciate access to a Wiki or any similar information source.

Failing that, could someone tell me what a few buttons actually do?

"Check File List" - Right click someones name, select this and it downloads their file list. Then what does it do?

"Fake Detector" - How does that work ?

Cheers in advance,

Cavey

Hi,

Is there a manual? I can't find a link to download one. Would also appreciate access to a Wiki or any similar information source.

Failing that, could someone tell me what a few buttons actually do?

"Check File List" - Right click someones name, select this and it downloads their file list. Then what does it do?

"Fake Detector" - How does that work ?

Cheers in advance,

Cavey

those are both related to clients op functionalities, so if you are not actual op you don't need them. They are used to check for share fakers etc. or identifying what client user is using :)

Thank you for your reply.

those are both related to clients op functionalities, so if you are not actual op you don't need them. They are used to check for share fakers etc. or identifying what client user is using :)

Yeah, i'm an op/server owner and whatever. Just switched to Peerweb and found these functions that looked like the might be useful, but couldn't find a manual to read.

This is a great op client, you will like using it for your hubs

Indeed, I already do. Just wish I knew what some of the buttons actually did....

Don't worry, Kevo had produced an exstensive guide for our upcoming ApexDC++ client to state each feature in the settings dialog and explain what they do. You'll be able to see it finished after our public version is out. :)

Don't worry, Kevo had produced an exstensive guide for our upcoming ApexDC++ client to state each feature in the settings dialog and explain what they do. You'll be able to see it finished after our public version is out. :)

Cool.

Another question. For some reason am running a hub on ptokax and when I look at the bandwidth limit in an lua script, for people with peerweb it seems to return 0. My hypothesis is that its the PWDC in the info tag that is messing up some form of regex in the code (damn closed source applications :) ). Is there a way to remove the PWDC from the info tag without recompiling it?

And as an aside: Anyone able to recommend a better dchub for windows (sadly, if it was linux I'd have this sorted by now) that has bandwidth control in it?

please correct me if im wrong but..

i think that although it is possible that the pwdc tag (dont know anything about this) is messing up your lus script. it can probly be fixed by changing your patter match

btw i dont thing lua does true regex, if you have writen a regex match for lua using some of the more advance regexe characters it may not work. see the following for info on string patterns in lua sritng patterns

edit: i also know nothing about potax

Edited by balder

i think that although it is possible that the pwdc tag (dont know anything about this) is messing up your lus script. it can probly be fixed by changing your patter match

btw i dont thing lua does true regex, if you have writen a regex match for lua using some of the more advance regexe characters it may not work. see the following for info on string patterns in lua sritng patterns

ptokax is closed source and allows you to write extensions in LUA. As such it parses the Tag for you interneally (so I dont think I can edit it) and puts it in user.iBlimit or user.Llimit.

While it would be far easier to change a simple pattern match, at the moment I dont appear to be able to so (although I could write a full new user details parsing function in LUA, but I just currently dont have the time), so I would like to change the tag to better match what I think ptokax is doing as a short term fix.

Am also trying to get verlihub to compile under win32, and if that compiles I shall be trying that (as it has built in speed limits).

A list of the *actual* meanings of various cryptic status and error messages used in DC clients would be excellent - if that is on the agenda for ApexDC++ I really cannot wait. (Can't wait anyway)

I'd assume there is a list somewhere, since the error and status messages often are common ones used in DC++ as well - but I have not been able to find one. Does anybody else know?

A list of the *actual* meanings of various cryptic status and error messages used in DC clients would be excellent - if that is on the agenda for ApexDC++ I really cannot wait. (Can't wait anyway)

I'd assume there is a list somewhere, since the error and status messages often are common ones used in DC++ as well - but I have not been able to find one. Does anybody else know?

You could try NMDC wiki or the ADC draft

I don't see how ADC would be of use? :D Although I've not actually looked at that link. Anyway if there's any other stuff you need info on, please do say. I think Apex should really try to focus on some sort of manual, give something extremely useful to offer above other clients for one. :) Unfortunatly it's ver hard for us "experienced" users to realise things that arn't obvious to a new user. Trying to view the program from a new persons perspective is suprisingly hard, for me at least.

I don't see how ADC would be of use? :D

your probably right, i haven't looked at that link much either. However it will show what messages may appear in the future :)

Unfortunatly it's ver hard for us "experienced" users to realise things that arn't obvious to a new user. Trying to view the program from a new persons perspective is suprisingly hard, for me at least.

maybe we could split this thread or starts a new one into a sort of noob, guide request thingy. i.e. people new to DC can post up what they found difficult when they first start(ed) to use DC. then we could produce a noob startup guide

Edited by balder

Yep, that's what we need. DC++ (and it's respective mods) is suprisingly undocumented, especially for first time users. Kevo's guide which was mentioned is very good, but we should really concentrate on this in my opinion. If we had a well con structed manual or wiki or whatever (or both) then it would definatly give us something to offer over the competition. Also, by slanting it far towards ApexDC++ if it was the main manual it would encourage users to choose ApexDC++ over others. Maybe that's a little nasty though lol, but I think it'd be a great thing to offer. Anyway, it'll all get gradually asked on the forums eventually anyway so hopefully it'll be as easy as doing a quick search on the forums someday. However, until then people still have to ask questuons, and it's also nicer to have a well presented and put together manual than searching and reading through forum threads.

I think there were some basics on http://vx8.hit.bg Really, the text is in BG, but maybe some screenshots can be used. The site is made by Grim Reaper and one his friend, Grim Reaper is available at dchub://dc.bol.bg for contact.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0