Satan

Fastest Download Speed?

64 posts in this topic

Im 5km away from the telecom station. so i guess im ok. theoretically i can achieve 7mbit, and thats it.

Pretty bad! :(

174262591.png

Thats not bad if your only paying for a 512 connection.....that is what I would expect.

However, for most, you can upgrade and actually pay less for a better connection....

Can only get 512. :(

Well then your getting what you'd pay for......would be more of an issue if you weren't hitting it.

Well then your getting what you'd pay for......would be more of an issue if you weren't hitting it.

Unfortunately not I actually pay for a higher cpnnection speed but I can only get 512 I still pay for the package so I get the higher download quota per month. :(

Got 20Mb package for £24.99 on Virgin Media... on a night I can achieve 1.5mB/s. :(

Got 20Mb package for £24.99 on Virgin Media... on a night I can achieve 1.5mB/s. :lol:

I'm paying the same amount for 4mbit. I'm intending to ring them up and asking for the price new customers get for 20mbit.

I'm paying the same amount for 4mbit. I'm intending to ring them up and asking for the price new customers get for 20mbit.

My dad's on it for £28 or £30 per month. I managed to get the deal thanks to Tony informing me, so I got it for the price of 4Mbit.

Your sure you not on 10Meg lee?

1.5Mb is 10meg speed.....I appreciate it contention and network activity can kill it tho....

here the 1024/256 connection costs the same :crying: ... i guess it's eastern europe here <_<

here the 1024/256 connection costs the same :crying: ... i guess it's eastern europe here <_<

I'm like 20 miles from London, I expect decent broadband to be available. Enough people live in my area for ISPs to justify putting at least fairly decent infrastructure here. At least the download/upload speed ratio is better there.

Your sure you not on 10Meg lee?

1.5Mb is 10meg speed.....I appreciate it contention and network activity can kill it tho....

Yeah, Virgin usually throttle the speeds at peak times. :crying:

Anyways, dont complain. I can only DREAM of 10Mb speed (and i'm sure it's 20 sometimes). I only get 6 :crying:

I have 2048/2048 Kbps connection here (2Mbit). It's pretty cool for our region. Moscow people, of course, have much more faster connections.

lol i like this post .. .. .i can only dream of all the figures mentioned here. . .. my lan speed is 5down/4up. . .. and http is around 30. . . . .. the internet connections here are quite expensive as far as downloading is concerned .. . . .for browsing they give cheap deals with high speeds as urs .. . .. hope i can support a 1mbit conn 1 day .. . newayz cheers

223560258.png

if ur on cable, you can try a modded cable modem, then experiment with your modems internal config file .. have a look here >>

http://www.theoryshare.com

if ur on cable, you can try a modded cable modem, then experiment with your modems internal config file .. have a look here >>

http://www.theoryshare.com

Link dead for me.

Zlobomir ...

Sorry for that, I tried the link prior to my post & it worked ... now get >>

"Theoryshare - The Broadband Experts

This site is temporarily unavailable.

Please notify the System Administrator

Could not connect to the database server"

Give it a couple of days & try again ... if down too long, I'll edit it out of my post. Their forum is down too ... hope this is temporary.

It worked for me when I tried it, apache error. Give it time, it will work :thumbsup:

Hey All,

Just wondered how fast you all download. I finally got my connection sorted and wanted to see how it compares to everyone else?

I know it's not incredible compared to connections most people will have. But anyway.

Well, I'm so sorry you have such "bad" connection...Your download speed is around 4 times faster then mine.. ADSL 1024/128 ..Also, this is my shout to all on ApexDC++ community,since i just registered... :)

Well, I'm so sorry you have such "bad" connection...Your download speed is around 4 times faster then mine.. ADSL 1024/128 ..Also, this is my shout to all on ApexDC++ community,since i just registered... :)

Hi!

Don't get me wrong, my connection isn't slow, but considering the average speed in most countries surpasses 10Mb that is the basis of my statement :lol:

I have Insight Communications and their offered internet speeds are 10Mbit/s (standard) and 20Mbit/s (for $20 extra). I am very happy with the 10Mb service but I know people who regularly get 25-30Mbit/s from their 20Mbit/s connection. No cap on the higher speed package?

242282269.png

Using my ADSL connection i routinely get about 14mb out of a 24mb connection, and average about 1MB/s upload

Using my cable connection i usually get 2.35MB/s out of a 20mb connection, but only 784Kb upload.

THe Adsl conneciton is Be, and cable is VirginMedia.

EDIT:

HAving said that, look at the attatchment, and see the vagaries of the Internet Service Providers, and the sometimes testing of increased speeds :)

post-828-1204853089_thumb.png

Done a test in work recently, got this:

239014676.png

I wish I had this connection at home!!!