Lee

Switching from DC++ to ApexDC++

16 posts in this topic

Switching from DC++ to ApexDC++

Due to ApexDC++'s gaining popularity, many users are going to want to switch from their original client to ApexDC++. You can follow the steps below to ensure you can save your downloads and settings.

1. Go to the your original client's program files folder (Program Files/DC++ or /StrongDC++, etc)
  2. Find the following files depending on what you want to save:
    • queue.xml (downloads)
    • dcplusplus.xml (settings - not recommended, since conflicts can occur)
    • favourites.xml (favourite users)
    • hashdata.data and hashindex.xml (share hash data)
    • adlsearch.xml (adl search preferences)
    • profiles.xml (client detection rules)

[*]Simply copy over the files to your Program Files/ApexDC++/Settings location

[*]Start up ApexDC++

You should now have all your downloads, settings, etc. Please note that DC++'s settings is different to ApexDC++ (less options), so go through your settings and check your settings. :)

I assume a RAR version will be included? It may be with just having an upgrade package too with the (two?) needed files for upgrade, again distributed in two formats. The RAR for people who want that and an installer for more "normal" users or whatever, it could just check if they had it installed to the default directory (%ProgramFiles%\AppexDC** or whatever). The installer upgrade may even not be worth the trouble, but I do think it may worth doing if you intend to have other mirrors as it would save bandwidth.

Sure most of the filesize is just the main files that are needed in the upgrade, but the emoticons must take a bit of space and is AVIPreview included? It may not be worth doing, might be worth thinking about if bandwidth is cared about though?

• Go to the your original client's program files folder (Program Files/DC++ or /StrongDC++, etc)
  • Find the following files depending on what you want to save:

• queue.xml (downloads)
    • settings.xml (settings)
    • favourites.xml (favourite users)
    • hashdata.data and hashindex.xml (share hash data)

Do you not need the other files in settings i.e.

#ADLSearch.xml

#DCPlusPlus.xml

#HashIndex.xml

on a side note would something like this be worth writing up for a guide, i found it usefull. its about configuring kerio firewall.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc/3.1%20Software%20Firewalls

forgot to say. if so let me know and ill nock something up. mabey cover other software based firewalls aswell. [please move me as appropriate]

Edited by Crise

Do you not need the other files in settings i.e.

#ADLSearch.xml

#DCPlusPlus.xml

#HashIndex.xml

on a side note would something like this be worth writing up for a guide, i found it usefull. its about configuring kerio firewall.

forgot to say. if so let me know and ill nock something up. mabey cover other software based firewalls aswell. [please move me as appropriate]

hashindex.xml is listed in lees list, and DCPlusPlus.xml is listed as settings.xml only ones missing are:

adlsearch.xml (obivious?)

profiles.xml (client detection rules)

//fixed name & added missing the ones

That would be great. :blushing:

I am trying to insert download queue list just like you said, it is there, I see it in Apex, but it does not download anything ?!

Switching from Peerweb 0.40 to Apex 0.40....

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

the sources are not compatible between ApexDC and PWDC, so you need to search for alternates most likely...

What a bummer ?!!? ;)

As I remember, you said that Apex was a successor of Peerweb, right? This seems to me like the most important thing to be importable in aphex, but....

Nevermind, since i have almost 100GB in queue, i do not think i will be switching soon :(

I will be checking here periodically in case someone comes up with a solution to this...

Thanks anyway,

Keep up the good work !!!

Long live P2P :lol:

There won't be a solution as the are just not able to be converted/imported...

You have 2 possible solutions:

1. Download all your old filws with PWDC, and then upgrade (i recommend this, always the safest)

2. Search alternates for all queued files (the auto searching will do this for you, but it will take time)

suggestion: make a small app built to run after installation like firefox, it copyes all settings from the "other" dc++ program, would make it a pice of kaka to upgrade :lol:

Hi, I downloaded version 0.4.0 no problem but when I opened it it said I need the latest version, so I went to download version 1.0.0. Beta 5. I've been trying for a few weeks now and every time I click to download the setup for this version it starts a new window opening but it never goes anywhere and it eventually crashes my system.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks very much. Unfortunately it's not the downloading that's actually the problem. I can't even get to the downloading, every time I try to open the download window - including the one you offered - it won't load and crashes my system. Anyone have any ideas on how to get around that? I don't have trouble with any other site or any other portion of this site(so far)? Thanks for any help!