Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sidetrack

CheckSettings TEXT

8 posts in this topic

Would it be possible to change the "Check Settings" section of the file/settings/connection settings section, back to a click box. Seems MANY users are not seeing this as something they can actually use. As far as the support team goes, it makes it a lot harder on new users.. to grasp..

Would it be possible to change the "Check Settings" section of the file/settings/connection settings section, back to a click box. Seems MANY users are not seeing this as something they can actually use. As far as the support team goes, it makes it a lot harder on new users.. to grasp..

I choose hyperlink to save space, as with the new tls port from DC++ and everything the connection settings page is very full...

While we're on the subject of this, we should have a little area for helpful links related to the settings page they are in, such as:

- Check settings

- How to setup active mode

- Connection settings explained

Same with the Security page... have a link next to the PG plugin saying "Install PeerGuardian" and take them to the guide.

We plan to introduce this in 0.3 or 0.4, to help beginners.

way kewl guys... I didn't notice the check settings link until you started talking about it. Wonder how many others have missed it too?! I can understand why it is that way, hope the button makes it back though... and not just for newbies :(

What will you say about a separate page, like "Tools and Help"? There we can place the button, as well as the links to the guides

What will you say about a separate page, like "Tools and Help"? There we can place the button, as well as the links to the guides

Zlobomir, we have a startup page/wizard in plans later on... you should know that from the old old todolist in the Area 51.

And you should know that there are users that just click "Skip" on these wizards, so they would need another way to the same content.

P. S. Indeed, you got me - I'm not the most frequent reader of the to-dos. :(

And you should know that there are users that just click "Skip" on these wizards, so they would need another way to the same content.

they can skip that adittional page too... so it's all the same which one it is really.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0