"NMDC - Style lists no longer supported,please upgrade your client""

Please help me... :D:)

thanks a lot! B)

:) helo!

What means:

Please help me... :D:)

thanks a lot! B)

that means filelists of the old NMDC format (.dclst, used only by clients that are old or outdated) are no more supported... (this change is in new versions of DC++ as well)

this also does not belong here...

Actually I see this as a weakness, because the user can say: "I need an older client, because it works with the two types of filelists, till the newer clients work only with the *.xml list"?

Edit: I read. Again. Carefully. Understood. Have fun. Delete. Please. Thanks. ;)

Edited by Zlobomir

Actually I see this as a weakness, because the user can say: "I need an older client, because it works with the two types of filelists, till the newer clients work only with the *.xml list"?

Edit: I read. Again. Carefully. Understood. Have fun. Delete. Please. Thanks. :)

Haha. ;)

:D helo!

What means:

Please help me... :(:(

thanks a lot! :)

...meaning you won't be able to download from that blasted oDC anymore... so get your friends to upgrade ! :)

...meaning you won't be able to download from that blasted oDC anymore... so get your friends to upgrade ! :P

If it only were that simple ... many of them don't know how to shutdown the PC properly or do anything else than play solitaire and read their mail :( . Question is how do you get the hundreds/thousands/... of users wich have no ideea how to install a program to upgrade that antique piece of software called oDC wich comes installed by the narrow minded ISP :stuart: , a better sollution would be to allow downloading old lists but never send them in that format maybe send a fake filelist with one file named "ATENTION !!! You have to upgrade your DC++ or oDC whatever client.txt" and put instructions how to do it, that would make them upgrade, if that doesn't work they won't be able to download anything.

upgrade that antique piece of software called oDC wich comes installed by the narrow minded ISP
ISP's install P2P software ? Wow, which country do you live in ? I gotta move there.

Anyway, if they are incable of turning a computer off, or upgrading something, they shouldn't be using pc's in the first place.

ISP's install P2P software ? Wow, which country do you live in ? I gotta move there.

Anyway, if they are incable of turning a computer off, or upgrading something, they shouldn't be using pc's in the first place.

Yes, but it's in human nature to do things in which the respective man is totally uncapable. (f. ex. american foreign policy hypocrisy)

About ISPs: It looks weird, but it's logical. This is a very good (the only) way to make a user require a faster (and more expensive) net access. :(

Edited by Zlobomir

Romania, bellieve it or not ... and some users did tell me they are unable to install any software and the current oDC mummy was installed and RECOMMENDED by their ISP when they got their cable connection.

The BAD news is 171 of 629 users had oDC installed and 56 users had old DC++ clients, i'm still trying to figure out a sollution to get them to upgrade ...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0