wdc

Built in Anti-SPAM

4 posts in this topic

Please allow user to add bad words and or bad IPs and if contained in the private messages, such messages will not appear or be closed by the ApexDC. I am spammed from various users and this can help, i have not found any tutorial on how to get rid of the SPAM based on message content or IP.

Hello, it is a nice idea that would be welcome by others too I am sure.

Anyway, if you get spammed, maybe you could contact hub owners/operators to deal with the spam by banning the IPs and users?

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Mek said:

you could contact hub owners/operators to deal with the spam by banning the IPs and users?

<_< atm i am connected to the 81 hubs and spammer to 9 hubs. IP is known to change, i could contribute alot of time trying to discover who is the hub operator and trying to repeatedly ask them, i already did, and never got response, this is not good advice.

I can not understand how *DC++ SW can be left without some solid antispam/ban solution. I do not want to disable personal messages (i assume i can not!) as i think they are important tool to communicate with users. Also it would be helpful if i at least see the IP of that spammer but his IP is empty. :mellow::excl:

Edited by wdc

IP is empty because hub does not send it. The vast majority of hubs does that to conserve bandwidth. You can find out the IP only if you connect to the user (e.g. by downloading filelist), but most probably you won't be able to connect to that user either because those are often bots programmed solely for spamming and not supporting P2P connections.

You cannot block PMs, but you can have them open in a non-focused window by default so a PM does not popup while you are in the middle of doing other stuff. You can also put a user to ignored users, but that is useless if his nick is changing. Sadly, that are all your options.