Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.1.0

49 posts in this topic

Our subscribers and beta testers have been privately using beta versions of 1.1 for the past few months, and we're pleased to announce that 1.1 is ready for mainstream users. Introducing a new update system that automatically upgrades users to the latest version (this will be active for our next public version), and many more significant improvements. Critical bugs and a security exploit has been fixed in this version. Therefore, we highly recommend all users upgrade to 1.1.0 immediately.

Please remember to donate if you believe we're doing a great job (it goes towards our server expenses).

Download: ApexDC++ 1.1.0 | How to upgrade

Great ^_^ !

Thanks Crise and Lee! Cool ApexDC++! ^_^

Edited by TheJackal

Removed: Media player, chat formatting and startup option (use startup folder instead)

Why startup option is removed? That was one of the greatest improvements lately. We had no problems with it, functional and realy useful.

Sounds good! /me already downloaded sources... :)

Thank YOU !!!

PS. Damn! It's strange but in 1.1.0 the QuickSearch panel cannot dock and move!!! Please have a look here:

This is Apex 1.1.0

K358nDxb17.png

And this is Apex 1.0.1:

UbsU2o37gS.png

It's a bug? :)

dmvn, right click and unlock the toolbar, that will allow you to move QS.

I will download this release when I get home, currently in work, MEH work :)

Thank you thank you thank you! This exploit was the worst nightmare. :)

Edit:

Removed: Media player, chat formatting and startup option (use startup folder instead)

I understood media player and startup, but what about chat formatting? What exactly has been removed? (can't get it, the coloring and text formattings are still there) Thanks is advice.

Why disappeared many icons in menus File and Help?

And what mean option in Appearance "Use details in favorites ti identify hubs"?

Damn twice! Thank you, Satan :) Simply don't know that this toolbar can be locked, never rightclicked on it :)

Why disappeared many icons in menus File and Help?

It's to help reduce the filesize. :)

I understood media player and startup, but what about chat formatting? What exactly has been removed? (can't get it, the coloring and text formattings are still there) Thanks is advice.

Chat formatting, such as bold, italics, and underline.

Pedja: just place the exe in startup folder.

Pedja: just place the exe in startup folder.

Nope, you need to place a shortcut to ApexDC++ in startup folder, not the exe :)

After the upgrade (I upgraded from 1.0.1 using the Installer) all emoticons are gone. :)

I cannot see them in the mainchat, and the emoticon boxes in the fold out menu to the right of the chat input field are all greyed out.

I have checked that the emoticons are in their folder. My guess is that somehow the path reference is incorrect. :)

Any idea what I can do to get them back?

Thanks in advance. :)

Chat formatting, such as bold, italics, and underline.

Got cha, thanks. :)

After the upgrade (I upgraded from 1.0.1 using the Installer) all emoticons are gone. :crying:

I cannot see them in the mainchat, and the emoticon boxes in the fold out menu to the right of the chat input field are all greyed out.

I have checked that the emoticons are in their folder. My guess is that somehow the path reference is incorrect. :unsure:

Any idea what I can do to get them back?

Thanks in advance. :)

What happens when you right click on the emoticon, to re-enable them?

Still grey I'm afraid Lee. And rebooting the client does not solve anything.

Is the path listed in one of the xml files so I can check if it is correct?

Is your emopacks folder still there?

Have you installed Apex to a different folder this time round?

Thanks for new version. But is there any alternative for media toolbar? I know that I can type /w /wmp etc. on chat, but can I seek tracks etc.? Thanks

Looks like we're rapidly approaching the 2 million downloads mark after this release. :)

We reached 65,000 downloads in the past two days.

Thanks for new version. But is there any alternative for media toolbar? I know that I can type /w /wmp etc. on chat, but can I seek tracks etc.? Thanks

The Media Player was removed due to resource issues. It will not be making it's return.

However, take a look at the how to compile thread and feel free to re-add it yourself.

Return please icons in menus and old progressbar ticks (in 1.1 they smaller and unattractive :()