Dynamic updates for IpGuard

7 posts in this topic

A have a idea)

For example, a have a php script, that generates ip ranges in xml like apexdc:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>

<IpRanges>

<Range Start="167837953" End="184549375" Comment="Range 1"/>

</IpRanges>

I want a feature, that allows apexdc automatically update IPGuard ranges from my script.

Field with path to script may be in settings :)

a update feature has been discussed see if i have some time to make a ipguard file and maintain it

Can't we simply use a converter + PG file?

Can't we simply use a converter + PG file?

No, because one reason I made ipguard is exactly to get rid of PG blocklists (as most of the entries in the PG blocklist are irrelevant for DC).

No, because one reason I made ipguard is exactly to get rid of PG blocklists (as most of the entries in the PG blocklist are irrelevant for DC).

How is it irrelevant when anyone who host a hub should be using PG of some sort. It has been known for a long time that PG is a good way to help prevent these agencies from connecting or entering the hubs. Why all the sudden do you feel that its irrelevant to DC?

If I am missing something here then I apologize, but I would like a bit more explanation on your irrelevant theory. :)

Edited by Mikey

How is it irrelevant when anyone who host a hub should be using PG of some sort. It has been known for a long time that PG is a good way to help prevent these agencies from connecting or entering the hubs. Why all the sudden do you feel that its irrelevant to DC?

If I am missing something here then I apologize, but I would like a bit more explanation on your irrelevant theory. :)

The amount of IP's in the peerguardian blocklist that would be helpful for the average DC user isn't high, so it was using too many resources for the amount of IP it blocked.

Hub owners should run PG in that case Mikey.

A have a system in my hub, that separates users from different networks. Because traffic to some networks is free or cheap, to another — expensive.

It allows users economize theirs money. But... It works only in my hub.

Users can't connect to other hubs (some are bigger, than my) beacuse of traffic price.

I think they will be glad to have a client with ip guard and ip ranges autoupdates from my server :)