toddtrow27

Download probs after upgrade

33 posts in this topic

SWEET MOTHER!! It was UAC after all! Satan, you my friend are a genius...I turned UAC off, rebooted, loaded up Apex and sure enough, I was downloading like it was Napster's heyday again!

I realize I should just shut the hell up and be happy about it, but is there any way around shutting UAC off to use beta 5? I may be the only one on the planet, but I like having UAC on. What about if I uninstall B5, then reinstall with UAC off, then turn UAC back on...think that will work?

I wonder what it was about B5 and UAC that caused the issue?

Thanx a bunch!

Thank me! :thumbsup:

I wonder what it was about B5 and UAC that caused the issue?

Issue with UAC on vista, is most likely related to the fact that B5 is compiled using Visual Studio 2008, unlike previous versions which used 2005.

Zlob - lol...I am SO sorry!! Of course, a huge THANK YOU to you for all the help! Both you guys have been incredibly helpful and have got me back up and running and I can't possibly thank you both enough. You guys rule the school! :thumbsup:

crise - Cool, thanx for the info.

The reason that it stopped working is a bug in UAC code, which is fixed in SP1 afaik.

The reason is, UAC makes exception lists and ApexDc.exe will be in there, however, because ApexDC.exe has changed because of the reasons crise describes it will not be picking the exe up correctly to allow exceptions.

Cool beans, thanx for the info. Hopefully it'll get fixed in SP1, it's a bit of a pain in the neck to keep shutting it off and rebooting, although I could probs just leave it off.

Cool beans, thanx for the info. Hopefully it'll get fixed in SP1, it's a bit of a pain in the neck to keep shutting it off and rebooting, although I could probs just leave it off.

...or just add manually apex to UAC exceptions, if it allows... haven't played with Vista still.