toddtrow27

Download probs after upgrade

33 posts in this topic

Hiya all. After I upgraded to beta 5, I can connect to hubs and search fine, but when I try to download, the progress bar (and everything in that bottom pane, actually) blinks rapidly in and out. It seems like it's making a connection for a half a second, but then I think it disconnects. I'm on passive, and nothing has been changed (except the upgrade).

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance!

T

This sounds like the client is getting TTH info. Does this stop after some time?

This sounds like the client is getting TTH info. Does this stop after some time?

No, I left it on for about 10 minutes and same thing. Download speed is 0, time remaining is 0, and I get a Download Finished, Idle message that comes and goes rapidly.

Please look at my signature and visit our TGO Support hub for online help. I am ready to check remotely your machine, if this is ok with you.

Please look at my signature and visit our TGO Support hub for online help. I am ready to check remotely your machine, if this is ok with you.

I'm way too paranoid to let anyone into my machine :thumbsup: , but thanx for the offer. I think I'm going to try just uninstalling, reboot, then reinstalling, see if that works. I'm thinking something in the update went bad, maybe if I start fresh it'll clear it up.

If you think of anything else, please let me know. Thanx!

Try one and the same TCP and UDP ports, then try neighbour numbers. I have never fixed this with reinstall. But restart of Apex helps smts. Check ports with the the button... ah yes, have you read the guide for getting into active mode?

Try one and the same TCP and UDP ports, then try neighbour numbers. I have never fixed this with reinstall. But restart of Apex helps smts. Check ports with the the button... ah yes, have you read the guide for getting into active mode?

I've read it but never tried to actually do it, I'll play around with it tomorrow and see what happens. Thanx again!

Still same issue taking place. I uninstalled, deleted apex stuff from the registry, cleaned the reg, rebooted, reinstalled beta 5, and I'm still getting the same thing. Anyone ever see this before? Just to recap:

I can connect to hubs and search fine, but when I try to download, the progress bar (and everything in that bottom pane, actually) blinks rapidly in and out. It seems like it's making a connection for a half a second, but then I think it disconnects, and it keeps doing this over and over. I'm on passive (couldn't seem to get active to work), and nothing has been changed. Beta 4 worked just fine with these exact settings a couple days ago.

Thanx in advance!

Try to "rebind" Bind address to: 0.0.0.0 We got some complaints about this.

Try to "rebind" Bind address to: 0.0.0.0 We got some complaints about this.

Not sure what you meant by rebind, so I tried changing the bind addy to the other one that was in there (192...), but that didn't work. I tried several different ways, changing it then restarting apex, changing it then trying to download, etc., still no go.

The weird thing is, I can download on DC++, and I think I tried Strong DC yesterday too, but not Apex., which leads me to think it's something in the update that's causing this. I'm on Vista (home premium), and I've had no other probs with beta 4 or any other dowloading progs.

This one's a toughie!

:)

I think it's more likely the user the disconnecting you. Try letting DC run for a hour or two and connect to 5-6 different hubs and see if it works then.

"Rebind" = retype "0.0.0.0" and press OK. Yes, if this happens with only one user, you may even ask the hub operators to check it. :P

"Rebind" = retype "0.0.0.0" and press OK. Yes, if this happens with only one user, you may even ask the hub operators to check it. :P

satan/zlo - Oh nonono...it's not with just one user, that I could figure out and handle myself. This is on numerous hubs/users. I connect to about 15 different hubs, and when I do a search for a certain artist's mp3s, I'll highlight ten or so from ten different users on several different hubs, and they'll all do it.

I will try the retyping thing, but I'm more thinking it was something that zlo said a few posts back, that it seems like the client isn't getting the tth info. Has anyone else reported something similar, either on beta 5 or an earlier version?

Thanx again for the help, you guys rock!

Well, I said looks like the client gets TTH, it is very small data and this it looks like you described. Please let us know the security software you are using, altho it is hard to configure it with instructions.

Well, I said looks like the client gets TTH, it is very small data and this it looks like you described. Please let us know the security software you are using, altho it is hard to configure it with instructions.

Yes, you did say that, sorry, my mistake. Tried the rebind, still no go. As far as security software, just Windows Live OneCare, same as I had with beta 4. But I don't think that's the prob, because I shut that down to see if that was it, and I got the same results. i have let it run for about 10 mins, but I'll try longer, (like an hour as was suggested) and see what that does. I've been using apex for a few years, and DC++ before that, and I've never seen this problem before, crazy stuff!

An hour without security soft will create far more serious problems. Have you visited TGO hub (address is in my signature)?

An hour without security soft will create far more serious problems. Have you visited TGO hub (address is in my signature)?

No, not yet, but I'm going to check there tomorrow and see what I can do. I'd hate to go back to one of the other progs, I really like Apex.

This is what I have gotten reported to me from various users of Beta 5:

I updated to ApexDC++ 1.0.0B5, and I keep getting an access denied message when I try to get a file list from anybody, but searching for stuff still works out.

What's going on?

It seems that select users are giving the 'access denied' message

When I try to download something, it won't download. The download bar on the bottom just flashes really fast, and I get an error message in the bottom right hand corner of the DC window.

"Error Saving Hash Data: Access Denied"

I just got the new DC++ and now whenever i try to download anything i get this message and the download just starts flashing on the bottom of my screen with no progress.

Everything worked fine before the update and Firewalls and ports are not an issue. Many of my users are now switching back to DC++ instead. Is there a reason that these issues are occurring?

Please let us know more about the software environment (at least OS) and the situations when you get the messages. Otherwise we can write out really long and silly.

I saw this problem when I was in remote on Vista machine, status bar blinks download starting download finished

Radox, that is downloading TTH data, from what these guys say they are experiencing a separate issue.

Vista UAC again?

Could be, but only if they doing something silly like downloading to program files.....

Vista UAC again?

I don't think so, wouldn't that pop something up instead of wrecking stuff from within Apex? Also, remember I had beta 4 working fine on vista. I've been trying to get to the TGO hub but I've been getting redirected. And I'm not downloading to prog files, it's a seperate folder somewhere else.

Then it shouldn't affect it, but UAC may affect it anyway, it's all to do with the creation of the apex exe and the date, try turning UAC off, even temporarily, just to see.