zavalita2002

2 features. (just two!)

11 posts in this topic

First, search results contain same users many times, because they're connected, obviously, to more than one hub :)). This creates confusion because the real number of people who have what the search is about is much lower than showed. Plus, Apex treates them as different users, and creates multiple download slots from the same user. Which is weired, and quite unfair for these users, I guess, and wastes some bandwidth as well. In this matter, the way DC++ or RevConnect do it seems to me be, at least more...natural :))

Second, is an issue which is very delicate. Kademlia. The way RevConnect implemented it is just working very well. Sometimes I get sources not beeing connected to any hub :)) Unfortunately, RevConenct developer kind of abandoned the project. That doesn't mean that I dont admire ApexDC , of course :)), in fact, I've used StrongDC since long back in time.

But Kademlia is a very disputable feature I guess, so is not that important.

But my first issue I think is the only reason I don't exclusively use Apex as my direct connect tool.

Regards, and good luck to you new future Apex release.

Kademlia has been implemented in Peerweb DC which was a former of Apex. Now, we removed it with good reason and will not be re-adding it.

Secondly, the first feature you have requested WILL be implemented but only when ADC is finished. At present, it is not possible on the NMDC protocol.

Kademlia has been implemented in Peerweb DC which was a former of Apex. Now, we removed it with good reason and will not be re-adding it.

Secondly, the first feature you have requested WILL be implemented but only when ADC is finished. At present, it is not possible on the NMDC protocol.

Just to clarify, PeerWeb DC++ never had kad... :)

And the first feature requested is puerly cosmetical as far as I can see... I could bet it's that in reverse connect too (ie. no performance nor bandwidth save). But I don't think I will do this feature, because in nmdc the pesudo cid's make each user to be considered different and there is no way to be absolutely certain if one user is the same or not in two different hubs...

It didn't? I could of sworn it did, ah well, must be losing it....

Nope. It was only considered. It invaded private hub's privacy. :)

Well, considering the alternatives, I'll stick to the future release of version 1.0 FINAL :) , of APC.

As far as Kademlia is concerned, I guess rare files can be searched with eMule or something like that.

Thanx for replies.

RevConnect's Kademlia and eMule's Kademlia aren't compatible.

He meant that he can use eMule instead of having Kad in ApexDC++ to find rare files. :)

ah, I thought he means that if Apex supports Kademlia, it will be possible to use eMule to search Apex's files :)

ah, I thought he means that if Apex supports Kademlia, it will be possible to use eMule to search Apex's files :)

Well, it would be nice :) , but it would be weired too :)

By the way, have you heard something lately about the man behind RevConnect project ?

He got tired of working on free software, or what ? He was a nice guy, I guess.

Actually Kad idea is not so bad, if hubsoft is improved to make access from outside, via Kad, an option (like DTH in torrents). Hope it is understandable...