Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Max

Multi-user support

8 posts in this topic

DC++, StrongDC++ and some other clients have Multi-user support. That's a feature I'd really like ApexDC++ to have. The way this feature works in other clients is that the default settings location is saved in a file called dcppboot.xml and the user can open this file in Notepad and change the default settings location. I'm really hoping you could give ApexDC++ a similar feature cause I could really use it.

via dcppboot.xml :crying:

Yes...I see that now...the problem was that the file dcppboot.xml was not installed when I installed ApexDC++ so I thought it didn't have this function.

Is there an explanation how to use it? I could not find anything useful on the net.

<Boot>
<!--
ConfigPath specifies where settings, queue and other runtime data should be saved.
Relative paths are relative to the DC++ executable.
You may use the following variables, which are interpreted on a per-user basis:

%[APPDATA] - Application data, typically c:\documents and settings\<username>\Application Data\
%[PERSONAL] - My documents

All % variables from strftime with the current time:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_strftime.2c_.wcsftime.asp

-->

<ConfigPath>.\</ConfigPath>
</Boot>

Side note, ApexDC is a Mod of StrongDC so it would inherit any features from Strong by default :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0