Nitz

Emulating other version like 0.691

21 posts in this topic

In two of the hub i most use the only usable version is 0.691 and the emulation is 0.699.

There is a way to change the version on emulation?

Sorry for my english

Tks

and there is a way to put option like this on the next version because i realy like apex

tks

what i'd really like to know if is the emulation on your list to perfect in the final 1.0 release? .... as unlike 0.4.0 or before it is easily detected if i use emulation, and i get bans from some hubs, which i don't wanna get banned ;)

or am i doing sg wrong? or should connect those hubs with a regular dc client and ask owners/ops to give me some priviliges for that? (as a totally unknown little grey user to them)

and there is a way to put option like this on the next version because i realy like apex

tks

But then you're faking your tag. ;)

I know you want to use this for a legit reason but considering many would abuse this. I doubt this would be implemented.

As it would make ApDC a fake client in some people's eyes.

But then you're faking your tag. ;)

I know you want to use this for a legit reason but considering many would abuse this. I doubt this would be implemented.

As it would make ApDC a fake client in some people's eyes.

I agree with you on both aspects..but this is the thing. If a hub owner doesn't allow a certain client such as Apex then they have that right. Now if the hub owner doesn't allow a certain tag like 0.699 then that hub owner needs to get with the times. DC and its clients are constantly evolving and the numbers will rise. If a hub owner expects to have a hub left in a few months maybe now is the time for them to recognize that not everyone on DC is gonna break down and use one single client just so they can get in one single hub. Maybe I would try talking to the hub owner about it. Adding this feature would just be abused and be another mod and this is the total problem in the DC community. To many hacked rip offs and not enough real clients.

Is not necessarily faking a tag but you can only put a selection of version you can emulate

Is not necessarily faking a tag but you can only put a selection of version you can emulate

that's what ppl call faking :D .. not showing correct version

not completely as apexdc is (in addition of being based to StrongDC) also currently based on 0.699 :D

It's not faking its tag, since the client is using 0.699 source code. :D

If you will think in this way emulate a dc++ tag is faking too :D

It can't be faking as the clients original source is based off of .699. I really don't understand why this conversation is still going on as its not gonna happen nor should it.

I'm not a moderator but I request this thread be closed as its a dead subject going nowhere. Thanks

If you will think in this way emulate a dc++ tag is faking too :P

not exactly, as current emulation sends the hubs the real info of the version the client is based on ....

and if emulating dc++ on a hub, the client will actually act like simple dc++ (no multisource download) ... so not really faking :)

but anyway ... Mikey is right .. no point in this topic anymore :D

even so making a version "changer" doesn't help you as you will still get caught and banned on site ;-)

even so making a version "changer" doesn't help you as you will still get caught and banned on site ;-)

:D btw nice to c u online again Iceman :)

Little point in that as it won't happen :D

Keeping things organised...

Well, if the menu selection technically is possible to chance core and restart Apex, it should be OK. So why not add it even w/o core change? Imo .699 emulating lower is OK, the reverse - .691 as 699 is bad (presenting smth old as modern).