Aztek

Wiki

Would you like to...   17 members have voted

1. 1. Have an ApexDC++ Wiki

• YES !
    • no :(

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

I think Apex'ers should start a Wiki site where users can contribute everything they want about apexdc

Making complete guides, directions and all sorts of stuff to make apex easyer for any user :)

what do you think of this idea :D

We launched a wiki for PeerWeb DC++ and it wasn't much use, or in fact used.

well IMO apexdc is much cooler and would be used more if you advertise it enough :D

well IMO apexdc is much cooler and would be used more if you advertise it enough :D

The guides forum is fine, don't you think?

well sure, but they dont describe every option in the client completely :/

Edited by Aztek

well sure, but they dont describe every option in the client completely :/

That's because people need to submit guides. Both the guides forum and a wiki would require other people to help out when conetnt isn't available.

Sorry for the offtopic, but doesn't this topic get 'new' every time someone votes ? I marked all forums as read (10 minutes ago) and now - 1 new vote for wiki and it appears in new posts...

Even if so, it is not so wrong, changing votes may be smth that the Management would like to know. :(

Well i see both points of this. I think that if the guides section gets much bigger then it may be usefull to place them in a wiki. But at trhe sme time i am unsure if people would actully ciontribute to them. Hardly anyone other then people on the apex team have either recomended or ontributed to the guides or guide request thread

No need for a wiki, just a guides section is fine. If you think something in a guide should be changed, make a post in the relivent thread. We should however have the guides availble on the main page or as a well made CHM/PDF file for users to download, if possible.

I think the site has some pretty good and useful guides, and also the Support part of the forum. If you ask me ApexDC++ can manage without a Wiki. ;)

about guides, there isnt a guide saying what EVERY option in settings does, i admit it might take a while to write, but it would be awesome because even i sometimes have problems understanding what wich option does :(

I might take the job of writing some guides for that tho :P