Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ramius

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

8 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a problem with the apex hub login.

I get this message"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" when I try to connect to any hub or list.

This appeared after I was already using the product and it was working.

I unistalled the firewall I had, also stopped the windows firewall and went into passive mode but still its not working.

What else should I do to make it work.

Hello

I have a problem with the apex hub login.

I get this message"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" when I try to connect to any hub or list.

This appeared after I was already using the product and it was working.

I unistalled the firewall I had, also stopped the windows firewall and went into passive mode but still its not working.

What else should I do to make it work.

sg like this? -> http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=1220

on which hubs does this happen?

sg like this? -> http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=1220

on which hubs does this happen?

It happens on any hub (eg. techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411, dc.czone.ro:411) and also when I go in the public list page.

My share is 14.8GB, I tried to start one hub at a time, upload slots 5, slot ratio 2, small upload slots 5.

I have a good connection and the ping time is good - 42ms.

Don't know what else to tell you.

Try ratio = 0. But again, you must receive a notice from hub, if this is the reason.

The hub itself (TechGeeks) has this stats currently as of this posting (Uptime: 51:19:44:31) so if that helps, the hub has been up. Check your windows firewall and see if it didn't get turned on. I swear that thing can do it on its own. And if not allowed in exceptions will not allow you to get out either. Very annoying firewall but somedays better than nothing.

seems to me that this sometimes happens for no reason almost, though it can have many factors. I myself generally have this problem when I try to connect to European hubs (since I'm from North America), which leads me to conclude that it might have a distance factor in it. However it happens also occasionally with my own hub which, well it sits approx 5 feet from me so... ya :S it's a bit odd sometimes. I've seen it because the address isn't right, because the hub is simply too busy with too many people trying to connect (ie after a server reboot) but ya. Not sure if any of that will help but I thought if I popped my info in there too someone else might be able to draw a line in between all our points.

Also when you update Apex, the *.exe is "new", and I believe that Win firewall does not ask promptly, but keeps blocking. I am repeating this, have said it before, just it is better to check is it really true and pay attention...

Also when you update Apex, the *.exe is "new", and I believe that Win firewall does not ask promptly, but keeps blocking. I am repeating this, have said it before, just it is better to check is it really true and pay attention...

Thanks for the support

I finally got it right, changed the win firewall on/off several times + some restarts and its working now

Regards

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0