Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigcanuck

Hash progress bar?

8 posts in this topic

So pretty much what it says, when you refresh your file list when you add a file or when it auto does it, I think it would be nice to have a prgress bar running somewhere on the UI like maybe super imposed on your share amount on the bottom left corner. This way you know when things are done hashing so you can post that it's added etc. Just a thought.

It can be useful for the lazy users like me, but there's already a way to view is the hashing process finished - View/Indexing Process :)

It would be good to at least have some hotkey for quick show/hide progress bar dialog.

it's not exactly a hotkey, but Alt followed by V followed by I does work :)

And this won't work if you are using some kind of language pack where view menu is not 'view' and something else :) When you hash files the progres is shwon in indexing service and in the left corner of apex :)

post-1931-1169855439_thumb.jpg

And this won't work if you are using some kind of language pack where view menu is not 'view' and something else :) When you hash files the progres is shwon in indexing service and in the left corner of apex :)

You see what and when is hashed, but not the progress (approx. time/data to the end of hashing).

You see what and when is hashed, but not the progress (approx. time/data to the end of hashing).

exactly I know when stuff is hashed but when I add a bunch of file I wouldn't mind knowning how long is left

Well I can use either my external hotkey manager program either change it myself in the source. But the point is to make it default in the client for everyone.

It makes even more sense if You put some extra options on hash dialog and You want to access it quickly (like in FulDC++).

Popoup balloons isn't exactly my favorite. I often find myself either having them disabled in Windows or they just don't popup correctly because to long lines or something (yeah, I thought it was fixed but in reality it still happens).

And speaking of popups and hashing - I would apreciate 10x more having damn system log window back into SDC++ / ApexDC++ :/ So what it eats up memory? - it's my choice after all.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0