S Murder

Temp Sharing

41 posts in this topic

Probably because 99.99% of our userbase doesn't know what ADC is, or when they are connected to a hub that supports it.

It's not that high a percentage I wouldn't have though, but yeah that's the main reason.

By 'not an issue' do you mean it will be supported in DC++ and therefore hub owners will have to accept it?

Or that it will not be possible? I'm somewhat lost by your statement.

By 'not an issue' do you mean it will be supported in DC++ and therefore hub owners will have to accept it?

Supported by DC++ :thumbsup: (whether hub owners accept it or not is a different story though)

Supported by DC++ ;) (whether hub owners accept it or not is a different story though)

I am confused... Somebody is trying to kill ADC.

There will always be hubs who accept it, so it wont be a problem.

Imo it will, in exactly the same way as, f. ex., non-TTH clients are now.

Hello all, I understand how the sharing of partial downloads feature works (at least I think I do), and I've seen it happening correctly a few times. (And I think it is a good idea as well!) However, I've seen quite a few more times where I check on the transfers and find that someone is downloading a file from me that I finished downloading DAYS or even WEEKS earlier...

The tags in the status bar of these uploads has always been "[P][C][Z]", which leads me to believe that Apex is sharing them b/c it still thinks I'm in the middle of downloading it. I thought maybe it was just considering files that were downloaded during the same session as being up for grabs, but I've seen it start uploading files many days later, after ApexDC (and even the whole computer) has been exited and restarted several times.

Almost all of the files I d/l get d/l'ed into one of the folders I'm sharing, and I have "Add finished files to share instantly" option turned on, so I don't see it happen TOO often, b/c most of the files people try to d/l from me are shared directly already. But if I d/l some files from a questionable source that I want to check out first before auto-sharing with all the users of the other hubs I'm in (or material that may be permitted in some hubs but not others), I would expect those files to not be find-able/downloadable by others (once my d/l has completely finished of course).

When I "Open my own file list", these files/folders do NOT show up in it, as expected. I'm guessing they must be showing up when people are doing Searches? I haven't had enough time to try to figure out how to run two instances of Apex on the same computer, or install it on a 2nd computer and connect to the same hub to test that theory out tho.

I did not notice this happening in the last version of Apex, only in the current one. Is this intended behavior and I'm just not understanding the feature correctly, or is it a bug?

Finished files are also shared (marked for partial file sharing) and maybe Apex saves list of finished downloads and loads it on next startup...

Finished files are also shared (marked for partial file sharing) and maybe Apex saves list of finished downloads and loads it on next startup...

Ah, I need to fix that then...

A good explanation for my search problem, discussed in PM? Maybe there is smth common?

A good explanation for my search problem, discussed in PM? Maybe there is smth common?

Perhaps, but it seems I have been careless with the merges... need to do some double checking.

BM: Can I ask why this is?

Why are finished files still sharing as partial if not shared?

One other (probably unrelated) issue that I noticed again while trying to figure out the above problem, is that when displaying the Uploaded and Downloaded Files logs, no longer shows the entire log file, like it did in the previous version. It only displays files xfered during the current session, or 1-2 days prior if just starting up. (Actually I'm not positive about that second part, it might have been completely blank but I thought it had a few lines. But current uptime is 10 days and I don't want to interrupt some transfers atm just to find out.)

I first noticed this immediately after upgrading, but it became more annoying when trying to look back and figure out when certain files had finished downloading.

I really liked being able to look back thru all of the transfers and sort by file name or username, etc. But I see no new option in the Settings or mention in the changelog explaining why it does this, or any way to turn it back on. Note: The log files themselves contain all of the previous entries, they're just not being displayed within the Apex log viewer...

in B5 it was changed only to save only 20 most recent completed items (or that's what it should do anyways)

in B5 it was changed only to save only 20 most recent completed items (or that's what it should do anyways)

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If I open the "Finished Uploads" window in Apex, it shows 3,360 items, from 2008-02-02 up til today (current session). Viewing the Uploads.log file shows this same number of entries for that same time period. However, there are another 10,000+ lines in the log file before that date that do NOT show up when viewing it in Apex....

I'm just wondering why the limit? It is occasionally very useful to view/sort those log entries, and to have the context menu be available when right clicking on them, but why the arbitrary cut-off? It already has thousands of entries in it anyway....

Are you saying that when I close Apex it will remove those lines from the file and only leave the last 20?? That would suck...

I'm not sure what you mean by that. If I open the "Finished Uploads" window in Apex, it shows 3,360 items, from 2008-02-02 up til today (current session). Viewing the Uploads.log file shows this same number of entries for that same time period. However, there are another 10,000+ lines in the log file before that date that do NOT show up when viewing it in Apex....

I'm just wondering why the limit? It is occasionally very useful to view/sort those log entries, and to have the context menu be available when right clicking on them, but why the arbitrary cut-off? It already has thousands of entries in it anyway....

Are you saying that when I close Apex it will remove those lines from the file and only leave the last 20?? That would suck...

The log file(s) remain intact, the finished upl./downl. windows are the ones affected by the limit... when the history is loaded, and this happens at application start (if you have the relevant option enabled, but it seems you do).