belial

Automaticaly disconnectic fast downloads

10 posts in this topic

I am a fan of apex and currently using it for a long time. I don't know why, but even when i have realy fast segments (1mb/s +) it keeps disconnecting them and the overall speed doesn't exceed 40kbps when it could be 3-4mbps. I have tried all the settings regarding the segments disconecting etc but the situation didn't improve.

I would apreciate an advice, i don't want to uninstall this wonderful soft.

LE: i get this output: "segment block finished, wainting..." :|

I believe there is nothing wrong here, probably you see the downloading of each 1MB block. The speed may be not fluent, and this mkes you think you are losing smth...

I am a fan of apex and currently using it for a long time. I don't know why, but even when i have realy fast segments (1mb/s +) it keeps disconnecting them and the overall speed doesn't exceed 40kbps when it could be 3-4mbps. I have tried all the settings regarding the segments disconecting etc but the situation didn't improve.

I would apreciate an advice, i don't want to uninstall this wonderful soft.

LE: i get this output: "segment block finished, wainting..." :|

EXACLTY MY PROBLEM TOO/

Its an awesome software, but this rules everything. I cannot download at speeds over 1mb/s. Even if my connection is sometimes even 4mb.

I am sorry, but I will have to use another dc++ :)

I believe there is nothing wrong here, probably you see the downloading of each 1MB block. The speed may be not fluent, and this mkes you think you are losing smth...

The prblem is that the downloads over 1mb/s stops. So, for aprox 3 sec it is stoped(and says segm block finished, waitin..), and this is enough time, to lose your slot from the user you download from.

Actually I think this looks a mutli-source downloading issue. I think you should not lose your slot when finising a segment if you start the next one right away. Not sure but you may want to check your setting in File\Settings\Sharing\Queue > Don't being new segment if overall file speed is over XX kB/s.

Edited by Noctis

actualy , that option is checked. i have read here in the forum, that maybe the "emulate dc++ in this hub" could be the problem? is that plausible?

thanks

actualy , that option is checked. i have read here in the forum, that maybe the "emulate dc++ in this hub" could be the problem? is that plausible?

thanks

Yes, it is. Emulation messes with segmented downloading and you may loose a slot. It is inevitable, otherwise emulating will be uncovered.

Exactly the reason why global emulation was removed. Users should set emulation only in hub where it is really needed. Else they talks **** as "segmented downloading is buggy" etc. and they don't know that it's not segmented downloading fault but their fault !

Yeah, I tested it. Its ok now. Emulation causes this problem. like master Big Muscle said, only emulate when needed. Dont emulate like the idiot me, all the hubs you enter <_<

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. I am thinking of a donation.

/off And we are really needing and appreciating donations, thanks to all who donate, regardless of amount and intervals. /off