pro

extended dchub:// links ?

5 posts in this topic

now dchub://hub.com/ links works.

What about

dchub://hub.com/user - download filelist

dchub://hub.com/user/folder - download filelist and show folder

dchub://hub.com/user/folder/file.mp3 - download file

If it's easy enough to implement then I'm all for it, although there's plenty of other things just waiting to be done.

I second this request. It was always strange to me that we are able just to have link to hub instead of specific file.

The most needed thing on web is to link to specific file, so when I write some article on web and want to point user what file to downlad I prefer giving him url that contains TTH of file, and optionaly hub, so he can run his DC client and search for that specific file I am referring to.

Magnet links :)

I know you can't include source to the magnets DC uses, since DC has no xs (eXact Source) support, and i dunno what would be good way to add one...

I's a great ideea. This way, we can just send someone the link to a speciffic file instead of telling them to go look for themselves in the "X\Sz\Xyz\..." folder. Think of the users with slow connections.

Personaly, my filelist exceeds 2 MB since i'm collecting .jpeg and .gif files :) so when somene downloads a a program under 1 MB from me or a project or a text tutorial that I wrote, then that person is forced to get my filelist in order to get all the files required. By giving them direct links to all the files needed would result in a happy(er) user. :)

I like the ideea. I'm down with it.