Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gendalfas

[support][0.2.2]doesn't finish connecting

8 posts in this topic

here's the issue. i succesfully download the public list. i chose a hub, connect and...

[11:36:22] *** Connecting to techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411...

[11:36:23] *** Connected

and that's it. it says "connected" every single time, and stops there. the hub-bar is all grean :) as if all hubs are successfully connected, but there is not a single user shown in the users panel.

0.2.2 apex, win xp, no routers no nothing. tried changing connection settings while zonealarm was turned on. then disabled zonealarm. windows firewall of course disabled. still the same.

any1 seen this before?... :)

Yes, happened to me with some hubs. I suspect hub overload in such cases.

but with each and every1 hub?... i mean if it would happen with only some hubs i'd get it. but now it's with every single hub i try to connect to.

Looks like the hub cant send you the data.Do you have a real IP?And check your firewall(if you have one).Can anyone on your ISP connect to a hub ?

here's the issue. i succesfully download the public list. i chose a hub, connect and...

[11:36:22] *** Connecting to techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com:1411...

[11:36:23] *** Connected

and that's it. it says "connected" every single time, and stops there. the hub-bar is all grean :) as if all hubs are successfully connected, but there is not a single user shown in the users panel.

0.2.2 apex, win xp, no routers no nothing. tried changing connection settings while zonealarm was turned on. then disabled zonealarm. windows firewall of course disabled. still the same.

any1 seen this before?... :)

Just curious, but are you on a campus network? or a higher security network? Myself I often get that same error when trying to connect to a public huh or private hub outside of my ISP (in this case University of Vic) or I'll get a connection after a long period of time. Now I know in the case of my ISP they try to block ports, and because of that I have issues connecting.. Now I don't have this error at all when connecting to my own hub inside of the network though. :) Also where are you geographically in accordance with the hub your trying to get too as usually the farther away the hub the less chance of connecting and the greater chance of a slow connection.

Just curious, but are you on a campus network? or a higher security network? Myself I often get that same error when trying to connect to a public huh or private hub outside of my ISP (in this case University of Vic) or I'll get a connection after a long period of time. Now I know in the case of my ISP they try to block ports, and because of that I have issues connecting.. Now I don't have this error at all when connecting to my own hub inside of the network though. :) Also where are you geographically in accordance with the hub your trying to get too as usually the farther away the hub the less chance of connecting and the greater chance of a slow connection.

bang on target. i am on a campus network. (uni of manchester). since i can change connection ports in connection settings, i should be able to connect. i don't believe the ISP blocked all of the ports except the most usually used http, ftp, irc & etc. my uni ISP does not have its' own hub. and anyways - i want to connect to hubs that are in my own country (where i originally come from). is there any way i can work around this problem?

Well, try some of the popular ports or use a port scanner.

please NOTE, Almost EVERY university I have seen on DC, blocks the ACTIVE status on the ports, therefore you must use passive mode in your DC client in order to do much of anything. Also to ALL University of Nottingham users, if you are banned from the hub please contact Me @ theascendentnetwork@gmail.com, someone is searching for illegal files, thus is getting the entire campus banned as they only have like 3 external Ip addresses.. This is a pain I know but we do what we can..

Gendalfas, if you are still having trouble, getting into the hubs send me a pm here on the forums with your msn, or yahoo msgr and I will try to help

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0