Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ifmn

Blocking specific IP's in ApexDC++

15 posts in this topic

Blocking specific IP's in ApexDC++

In this guide you will learn how to block specific IPs with the PeerGuardian plugin.

First you have to install PGP.Visit this page to see how to do this : http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=585

After you have installed PGP there must be a file named "guarding.p2p" in the Apex installation directory (for example - "C:\Program Files\ApexDC\guarding.p2p").Open it with Notepad and scroll to the bottom line.Insert this:

ifmnzhack:*.*.*.*-*.*.*.*
Replace "*.*.*.*-*.*.*.*" with a valid IP range //or an ip// (NOTE : IPs (v4) may contain max 3 integers (between 2 dots), the minimum is 1 and the maximum is 255 ). For instance if you want to block every IP which starts with 63.150 - paste this
ifmnzhack:63.150.1.1-63.150.255.255
Or if You want to block individual IPs - for example the IPs 192.168.3.152 and 124.36.74.242 :
ifmnzhack:192.168.3.152

ifmnzhack:124.36.74.242
NOTE: You can do that this way if you like:
ifmnzhack:192.168.3.152-192.168.3.152

ifmnzhack:124.36.74.242-124.36.74.242

Now you have to enable PGP from the settings ( Settings -> Security )

Enable PGP, press "Reload Blocklist" and select your preferences.

If You want to unblock some IP range - delete it from the blocklist.

Please use PGP carefully - I am not responsible for any damage caused to your PC or if You get banned from some hub.

Last updated - 08.12.2006.

I want to block individual IP's

Is this right------"ifmnzhack:***.***.***.***"----without the quotes

And what is Enable logging??

Please tell me the right way to block individual users....coz there are a lot of 0B's

I want to block individual IP's

Is this right------"ifmnzhack:***.***.***.***"----without the quotes

And what is Enable logging??

Please tell me the right way to block individual users....coz there are a lot of 0B's

provding you put an Ip and not *** yes I belive *95% sure :) *

Sorry it took me so long to answer your question but i had some tech problems...

So lets say you want to block the IP 192.168.3.152 - you must type the IP.So the line you have to enter in PG blocklist is:

OR
ifmnzhack:192.168.3.152-192.168.3.152

If you want to block several IPs you have to do that again (with the proper IPs).

BTW if you enable 'logging' it will show u a msg (when u pause your mouse over the slots) like "PGPlugin: Blocked incoming connection to 192.168.3.152 (ifmnzhack)" and copies that in the system.log log.(if you have enable logging)

EDIT: Added this in the guide...

I think that

would also work fine :)

I think that

would also work fine :)

10x, added in the guide.

With PeerGuardian enabled, I still can connect to hubs in blocklist. What's wrong? My guardian.p2p file follows:

ForbiddenNetwork1:1.1.1.1-9.255.255.255

ForbiddenNetwork2:11.0.0.0-85.249.159.255

ForbiddenNetwork3:85.249.176.0-172.15.255.255

ForbiddenNetwork4:172.32.0.0-192.167.255.255

ForbiddenNetwork5:192.169.0.0-255.255.255.255

I need to block all IPs, except all private ranges, and only 1 public range. That's why I try to block such a huge ranges, but it failed ...

With PeerGuardian enabled, I still can connect to hubs in blocklist. What's wrong? My guardian.p2p file follows:

I need to block all IPs, except all private ranges, and only 1 public range. That's why I try to block such a huge ranges, but it failed ...

Hub connections are not blocked, i never made it so that it could do that...

As for huge ranges, there is one range that I have "banned" so that it cannot be blocked, but guess I'll need to revise that a bit...

OK, and another little question. Is this correct to add the range 0.0.0.0-9.255.255.255 for example? Because it seems to not working when I add this range. Should I add 1.1.1.1-9.255.255.255 instead?

OK, and another little question. Is this correct to add the range 0.0.0.0-9.255.255.255 for example? Because it seems to not working when I add this range. Should I add 1.1.1.1-9.255.255.255 instead?

Yeah the later is the proper way...

"In this guide I will learn you how to block specific IPs"

LOL - Shouldn't it be "teach you". Or "you will learn how to" ?

And isn't this plugin categorized by versions ? Should this be considered v1.0 ?

"In this guide I will learn you how to block specific IPs"

LOL - Shouldn't it be "teach you". Or "you will learn how to" ?

And isn't this plugin categorized by versions ? Should this be considered v1.0 ?

IMHO it's a typo, he probably meant "you will learn how to" :) And I can hardly imagine a plug-in v. 1.0 to an application v. 0.4.0, but this is for the Devs team to say.

IMHO it's a typo, he probably meant "you will learn how to" :P And I can hardly imagine a plug-in v. 1.0 to an application v. 0.4.0, but this is for the Devs team to say.

Zlobomir regarding plugin being 1.0.. that's because a) I don't even have the source code for that dll file (not that i even need to) and B) check the dll's modification date the plugin was made before ApexDC even existed and it wasn't made by us.

And there is not even a need to modify the dll as it works just fine and it's role is only to be a parser for the blocklists.

And just as a note, just incase someone gets some smart ideas about GPL and the PG plugin, no as far as i'm aware we are not required to get/give you the sources for that dll file as we are merely using an outside resource, just like we are using f.ex. psapi and we are not required to provide you sources of it either...