Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 0.2.2

46 posts in this topic

We proudly present you with a vital maintenace update for our ApexDC++ product line. 0.2.2 brings huge stability improvements, fixes, a couple of new features and a merge to the very respectable StrongDC++ 2.02. Our friend Big Muscle (author of StrongDC++) has fixed literally 20+ bugs in his own program, and so we felt it's important to bring you a new release based on this.

You can find our changelog available to show you our recent fixes. The development team would like to take this opportunity to appreciate phaedrus' efforts by allowing us to add his excellent progress bars into ApexDC++ (optional of course). That's not our only changes however, so please check the changelog.

ApexDC++ keeps breaking boundaries by ensuring we provide you with the best experience in terms of stability and customisation. Please keep spreading the word about our project - help digg this release - we appreciate it! :)

Download: ApexDC++ 0.2.2

Extra: Translations (Help translate)

You may want to know we have much more planned for this project. We'll be evil and leave you in the dark about the details, but you'll have a nice surprise. A hint at one of the surprises is that SkyNet is quietly (but not slowly) working on the OP client for all you hub operators.

We acknowledge the various option inconsistencies in the settings area, and we plan to deal with that in 0.3.0 by tidying up certain areas.

New version looks good but worx kind of weird on my pc. Sometimes it uses almost 0% of CPU but after a while it hangs and eats 40-50 % of CPU, then comes back to 0%. Could it be a bug or this issue is related to my settings or something ?

After I downloaded the new version I closed the 0.2.1 version and installed the 0.2.2 version over the older version. I still haven't been able to completely open it yet. When I try to open it, ApexDC++ 0.2.2, my CPU usage goes to 90-100%, then hangs up. This has happened several times. I had to close it, rename the directory and reinstall the 0.2.1 version. What's wrong? Has anyone else experienced any problems with the 0.2.2 version?

Thanks,

к¢kMåñ

Great, working nicely here.

One thing though, what is the actual advantage of those progress bars? Personally I thought the old ones looked much nicer.

Great, working nicely here.

One thing though, what is the actual advantage of those progress bars? Personally I thought the old ones looked much nicer.

You can read font on them, rather than having white on white background, it changes to a dark colour if the progress bar colour is light. And it has the tick speed indicator too.. it's just another option out of two other progress bars, select the one you like. B)

Sources archive seems to be broken. I cannot unpack it, winrar triggers error.

I am using ApexDC++ from the 0.2.0 version and works great for me; I haven`t found any feature who does not work properly; it really is the greatest DC client for me. :D

0.2.0 fixed some bugs, and keeps doing it`s job very well.

Keep up the great job guys! B)

Hi,

Thanks for the great work. Testing.... Again.. 1 thing (not really a problem) Tray Icon is almost invisible on the dark Windows themes. The reply really was to thank for a great work! Still testing...

Thanks.

Please, Please, Please dont whack ads all over the homepage B)

EDIT: the coloured ones, the google ones which blend in are alright, they arent so intrusive!

EDIT: the coloured ones, the google ones which blend in are alright, they arent so intrusive!

There are only google ads on the front page.

Sources archive seems to be broken. I cannot unpack it, winrar triggers error.

Anyone else had this problem?

I was noticed about this problem by a friend of mine. He was trying to download them several times from different sf.net mirrors, but always got error while unpacking. I've tryed to download and unpack it, so I got exactly same error.

Same error here while unpacking apex's 0.2.2 source. Archive is broken

After I downloaded the new version I closed the 0.2.1 version and installed the 0.2.2 version over the older version. I still haven't been able to completely open it yet. When I try to open it, ApexDC++ 0.2.2, my CPU usage goes to 90-100%, then hangs up. This has happened several times. I had to close it, rename the directory and reinstall the 0.2.1 version. What's wrong? Has anyone else experienced any problems with the 0.2.2 version?

Thanks,

к¢kMåñ™

Try not to install the new version of apex over the folder with the older version. I installed it in a new folder and made the settings again and worked for me. No more CPU usage jumping to 50%

I was noticed about this problem by a friend of mine. He was trying to download them several times from different sf.net mirrors, but always got error while unpacking. I've tryed to download and unpack it, so I got exactly same error.

Ok, I've re-uploaded it to sourceforge. Hopefully there's no longer a problem. B)

Edit: Still corrupt. I'll sort it out tomorrow, need sleep.

Thanks,

к¢kMåñ™

I have same problem. Can not use new version of ApexDC++... B) . I hope that you`ll fix this.

0.2.2 nice but:

1. Here is clear chat option for the mouse, but still not the button like in the pwdc but context meniu in the main chat. A litle bit uncomfortable for me personaly. nondefoult option for button would be better.

2. where the hell the support tag has disapare?

3. PWDC was able to identify rmDC in emulation mode

4. nick list tag column width cann't be memorized

What I woul like to see in the future:

1. ADSL search for TTH

2. Total hub count in the separate nicklist column or at lease seperate hub number x/y/z

3. Whaiting for scripting possibilities and web page script database (with uploads) feature. B)

1. Chat button will not be present in the near future, use /clear or /c commands.

2. Support tag? TGO isn't in favourites?

4. Yes it can, it's done on per hub basis.

Thanks for the feedback. B)

Updated source file, you can grab it here.

1. Chat button will not be present in the near future, use /clear or /c commands.

2. Support tag? TGO isn't in favourites?

4. Yes it can, it's done on per hub basis.

Thanks for the feedback. B)

Info User:

Nick: *****

Share: ***** B

Description:

Tag: <ApexDC++ V:0.2.2,M:A,H:0/0/1,S:3>

Connection: 10

E-Mail:

Client:

Version: 0.2.2

Mode: A

Hubs: 0/0/1

Slots: 3

UpLimit: N/A

IP: ***.***.***.***

Pk String: DCPLUSPLUS0.694ABCABC

Lock: EXTENDEDPROTOCOLABCABCABCABCABCABC

Supports: MiniSlots XmlBZList ADCGet TTHL TTHF GetZBlock ZLIG

I ment this support in the nick list

PK string is the last column in the list

4. As I am hub oner and I have one rule (more then one slot when more than one hub) I sort users by slot and watching hub counts that exceed 1. The hub column is narrow, I expand it. After the restar of the ApexDC it is narrowed again (hub is in the favorites an is autojoin)