Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

[Support] MyInfo spam

11 posts in this topic

Can´t find a good answer what is happening when user gets MyInfo spam, can someone tell me :D

Can´t find a good answer what is happening when user gets MyInfo spam, can someone tell me :D

If I remember well, it means you send your details to the hub in very short periods. Maybe you are changing your nick too often, or rahashing, or smth like that...?

Is there something the user can do when getting this messege, I told him to get another client.

*this user was not useing ApexDC btw, i´m just asking about this error.

Hmmm, it may be just a very strict hub. Is this problem appearing with the regular DC++?BTW, please confirm/reject my theory for MyInfo spam... :D

This user was useing the old icelandic client dDC++ witch is based on old iDC++, many ppl still use it without getting this MyInfo spam, this is not a common problem in the hub but I have been useing DC for many years and I have seen this error from time to time but I have no answer for that user. Maybe it´s a strict hub but I think it´s fere for all users.

I, already, see this message two times on ApexDC 0.2.1...

...maybe it's happens because I download files into shared folder with option "instant share downloaded" (or something like that, I forget correct name)?

I see that nobody really knows wuy this error comes.

I would think that client is sending MyInfo too frequently to hub, but in what cases does it send MyInfo other then connecting to the hub and refresh filelist? I did a test refreshing filelist often but I got no MyInfo spam, is there some way to genarate this error?.

Doesn´t the programmers know anything about this?

What sould I tell user who is getting this error and is asking me wuy he is getting it? (other than dunno :) )

Myinfo is sent when user's description is updated (slots, tag, etc)... it's sent quite often. Reduce the spam by disabling the description customisation features.

Myinfo is sent when user's description is updated (slots, tag, etc)... it's sent quite often. Reduce the spam by disabling the description customisation features.

That's not all the things it's sent on but they are the ones which user can easily affect to...

If your downloading directly into the share folders, then you get this error. Atleast it did it for me.

If your downloading directly into the share folders, then you get this error

if you are downloading files quickly you e.g. more then one every 1-2 minutes and have update share imideatly option set, then you will probably get this message (as your share size and therfore myinfo wwill also be changing)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0