Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_X_files

Speed limit per IP

20 posts in this topic

It would be fine if you make such option. It will be very usefull for Apexdc users in LAN. Becouse if I limit the upload speed to 500kb/s if one user downloads ok, but if 2 ot 3 start downloading the speed becomes too low for lan. If I set 1mb/s all the time when someone download from me my pc will be more slow at all.

It would be cool if you make something like this. Couse that will make one program less running with windows (netlimiter)

untitledqk2.jpg

Ehehe, then also set lower bound of this limit a bit less than 30 kb/s. 10 for example, for slow ADSL lines (with up speed 256-512 Kbit)

Ehehe, then also set lower bound of this limit a bit less than 30 kb/s. 10 for example, for slow ADSL lines (with up speed 256-512 Kbit)

I don't understang what you mean..anyway i hope it will be made in next preview if more people want that option

the_X_files

You can't set speed limit lower than 30 Kb/s. So it makes Apex's limiter useless, because we have 256-512 kbit (23-55 kb/s) up speeds here, but nothing more.

I'd like to have bandwidth load balancer or something like that, so everyone who downloads from me, download with same fixed speed.

Now I see very unpretty image - someone's downloads with 50 kb/s speed, then other 4 only 1-2 Kb/s.

the_X_files

You can't set speed limit lower than 30 Kb/s

You can set it to 10kB/s when connected to one hub (assuming slot ratio is on) and have one slot open.

the_X_files

You can't set speed limit lower than 30 Kb/s

Why you think that i want it? I don't!I just want to limit speed per ip not total speed. I think that would be usefull for users using Apex in LAN (something like 500kb/s per ip)

Yeah, but I want it :). Read my post above.

Why you think that i want it? I don't!I just want to limit speed per ip not total speed. I think that would be usefull for users using Apex in LAN (something like 500kb/s per ip)

Yeah, but I want it ;). Read my post above.

Won't the result of a top limit per IP suit you both? Amp, if you set, f. ex., max. of 20KB/s per IP, probably this will help for equal distribution of the remaining speed to other IPs. :)

Yes, but will I be able to set it to 20KB/s? Now I cannot set speed below 30KB/s

Yes, but will I be able to set it to 20KB/s? Now I cannot set speed below 30KB/s

Good point... If it can be made to allow lower values if you have more slots set...

I would like to see this feature also. ;)

I would like it also. Anyway, I am on wireless and any speed limit that users can change leads to abuse of wireless link. I am doing an internal only mod with remotely directed traffic limiting. Server broadcasts udp packets that direct clients to certain speed. Intention is to have UDP packet loss on wireless links automatically reduce bandwidth for clients with lower quality links, whilst keeping high speeds for users that don't have any packet loss. It's still in early stages - It's been a long time since I worked in C++ and I don't have VS 2005. Anyway, per_ip is good way to go I think. Full support to the idea.

if you wish to implement this, i can help, i did it some time ago... ;) (per IP, or per nick, users usually prefer when it's per nick, but this is a bit more complicated to do.)

I can never understand the discussions about speed limits. Use cfosspeed and you'll never have to worry about your upload affecting your download again, no need to use limiters.

I can never understand the discussions about speed limits. Use cfosspeed and you'll never have to worry about your upload affecting your download again, no need to use limiters.

you're right, there are other progs too, i used to use BWMeter for such things. however, it's more convenient to limit a user based on his nick, so that it still limits him if he disconnects / reconnects and his IP changes, isn't it?

you're right, there are other progs too, i used to use BWMeter for such things. however, it's more convenient to limit a user based on his nick, so that it still limits him if he disconnects / reconnects and his IP changes, isn't it?

not in all cases, as if other user uses same nick with the one you want to limit... and i'd see it being more acceptable, if it'd be done the way presented in the pic above...

not in all cases, as if other user uses same nick with the one you want to limit... and i'd see it being more acceptable, if it'd be done the way presented in the pic above...

only per IP, then, it's cool too ;)

only per IP, then, it's cool too :)

IP - Hub - Nick

There is enough space...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0