wdc

Duplicate hubs in "Recent hubs" list

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

i believe i filtered out all duplicate hubs from "Recent hubs" list in ApexDC. I also did that by manually editing file %appdata%/ApexDC++/Recents.xml

but the "Recent hubs" list always end up having duplicate entries like on this screenshot:

apexdc-duplicate-hubs.gif

Can this be prevented?

I am using "Recent hubs" list to connect to all my favorite hubs after ApexDC++ launch and this makes a mess because i think some hubs are there more times so i see tabs which are red/unable to connect because of duplicity. And it is boring to deduplicate the list every time i launch ApexDC++.

PS: i was curious which hub URL format is favored in Recent hubs list
a) one with example adc:// OR dchub:// prefix or one without it  - so i use the one so it do not create duplicate entry
b ) one with port number or without it

Edited by wdc

Unfortunately, there is no way for Apex to know that hubs with different address are in fact the same hub. Of course, any edits to your Recents xml should be preserved.

On 10. 6. 2017 at 2:11 PM, Mek said:

edits to your Recents xml should be preserved.

i tested this and when you run apexdc for some time, close it and reopen, you find duplicates like this in the Recent hub list:

apexdc-duplicate-hubs-in-recent-hubs-list.gif

Recent Hubs list offers useful overview, but is hard to use it when deciding which hubs to connect thanks to this duplicity.

I guess i will have to use Favorite hubs list to decide which hubs to connect after start. Thx