the_X_files

TCP Port error

10 posts in this topic

I made a video. Watch it, nothing other is needed to be said ;)

TCP Port error

What is TLS ?

Anyway, try also opening port 1128 for TCP access. :) (TCP needs 2 ports now . . . . the one you specify, and the next number)

Connected on TCP 1128

Connected on UDP 1025

Connection OK

The next port is accesible too but the error windows apperas again. I tryed a lot of ports but the same error is shown again

Since I'm having the same problem as the_X_files, I thought I'd post in here instead of making another thread about this. I know this thread is a bit old, but I'd thought it would be ok since I have the same problem.

Hi all.. As stated above, I'm having the exact problem as the_X_files. I just updated my client to the newest version, set it up correctly and all (I think), I forwarded all my ports, and tried the majestic connection check, and that was OK. I still have this problem though, no other program is (in my knowledge) using these ports.

Would anyone know a solution to this? Because, it seems to me as if I now can't get filelists from someone.. I therefore can't download either. Here's a picture of the error message, showing right after starting up ApexDC++:

errzz2.th.png

I'm getting quite annoyed by this message now.. I really have no clue why it pops up :)

I installed apex on another computer using completly different software and that error occur again. TCP and UDP port by default are set to port that are something like 1025 and 1026. Pothead said that TCP uses 2 ports the set one and the one after it. Maybe devs have to set different ports by default

Never had some issue. It should be some firewall, or some application on the same ports, or something in the forwarding, or a block by the ISP...

Failed to connect on TCP 6443

Connected on UDP 6443

Porst opened, port 1025 and 1026 opened too. So what now? ISP problem?

I'm using default settings for "Firewall with manual port forwarding" and don't have any problem...

...UPnP don't work ...I can't understend why...

...TCP 2118, UDP 7622, TLS 4972...

...FireWall: Agnitum Outpost Pro...

I've been having the same problem as Gibbons, but after I hit OK the program works just fine. I can both download and upload. What should I do to get rid of that annoying alert ?

Don't overtrust the site doing the check... Although from some time I always get the OK for both TCP and UDP. My Apex is set on port 22468 for both TCP and UDP.