Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

my feature requests

8 posts in this topic

1. Display Bitrates when searching for audio files completed.

So I search for some album. I find that more than one user has it. It would be nice if i could see which user has the tracks at 128, and which at 256 or whatever.

2. the option to respond to a user even when they have gone offline.

"I've had situations,where users have posted a message to me, But I can't post back because they have gone offline. It would be nice if you could respond even when they are offline.

3.reload last hubs open on startup.

Yes, Dc has the option to open particular hubs on startup. BUt maybe you don't like to have the same hubs open all the time. Perhaps you close some of the hubs, and open others, or even just add some extra ones. Maybe the hubs you have open before closing are the ones you want open the next time you run the program. of course you have the option to tick those hubs before closing. But my method would be simpler for the user, if not for the programmer :)

M

1. Display Bitrates when searching for audio files completed.

So I search for some album. I find that more than one user has it. It would be nice if i could see which user has the tracks at 128, and which at 256 or whatever.

Technically impossible (at least in NMDC, don't know the situation for ADC). Anyway, you can probably guess that the album with larger mp3 files will have higher bitrate.

2. the option to respond to a user even when they have gone offline.

"I've had situations,where users have posted a message to me, But I can't post back because they have gone offline. It would be nice if you could respond even when they are offline.

Again, technically impossible, in DC clients. But some of the hub software can allow sending offline messages using a separate command (for ex. Verlihub can do this if the appropriate plugin is installed).

3.reload last hubs open on startup.

Yes, Dc has the option to open particular hubs on startup. BUt maybe you don't like to have the same hubs open all the time. Perhaps you close some of the hubs, and open others, or even just add some extra ones. Maybe the hubs you have open before closing are the ones you want open the next time you run the program. of course you have the option to tick those hubs before closing. But my method would be simpler for the user, if not for the programmer :)

M

Yeah I can imagine this implemented :)

That thingie for bitrate (and in general, some information about a multimedia file) would be highly appreciated, if implemented. I've had a lot of trouble finding the clean and hi-quality music myself and I bet the others have been thinking of this cool option too.

I know you guys don't want to extend NMDC anymore, but it would be worth extending the $SR message, with additional multimedia field in it (adding a new option in $Supports command, something like "$Supports MMInfoInSearch" (MM stands for multimedia) or something. I'm not sure if that's complicated to implement, but I know it would be very cool.

Edited by burek

your right about nmdc not being extended more but for adc this could be possible

Thanks very much for your response. If you can implement even my last suggestion in a future release, I'd be very grateful.

Hi, I'd like the option of a 'back' button when browsing someone's file list. Or an 'up folder' button. I realise I can use the folder tree in the left pane, but it's fiddly and I lose my place (annoying when I've reached the later part of the alphabet!). Thanks. ;)

Again, technically impossible, in DC clients. But some of the hub software can allow sending offline messages using a separate command (for ex. Verlihub can do this if the appropriate plugin is installed).

You can implement this feature on client side!

Apex DC can store message locally and periodically try to send it.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0