YouKnowWho

Curious problem with ADCH++

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've set up a test hub with ADCH++ to try out all the encryption features. I am able to log in with vanilla dc++ via secure port, a buddy of mine is also able to log in with Apex 1.3.2 but me, I can't for the life of me get connected with Apex 1.3.2. I'm using the same certs as in dc++ and have ticked all three TLS boxes... nothing. The only communication that happens is:

[13:11] *** Connecting to adcs://hubaddress:44444...

[13:11] *** Connected

[13:11] <ADCH++> Your ip is xx.xx.xx.xx

[13:11] *** SSL Error 5: Connection closed

So, ADCH++ confirms my IP and then kicks me out. All my TCP, UDP and TLS ports are forwarded properly in router and firewall, I've tried disabling the AV. This looks like some kind of encryption problem.

Same thing with StrongDC, btw, no login possible and same message.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Hello,

I've set up a test hub with ADCH++ to try out all the encryption features. I am able to log in with vanilla dc++ via secure port, a buddy of mine is also able to log in with Apex 1.3.2 but me, I can't for the life of me get connected with Apex 1.3.2. I'm using the same certs as in dc++ and have ticked all three TLS boxes... nothing. The only communication that happens is:

[13:11] *** Connecting to adcs://hubaddress:44444...

[13:11] *** Connected

[13:11] <ADCH++> Your ip is xx.xx.xx.xx

[13:11] *** SSL Error 5: Connection closed

So, ADCH++ confirms my IP and then kicks me out. All my TCP, UDP and TLS ports are forwarded properly in router and firewall, I've tried disabling the AV. This looks like some kind of encryption problem.

Same thing with StrongDC, btw, no login possible and same message.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

You are trying to connect to localhost and you have your external ip in settings, or vice versa...

You are trying to connect to localhost and you have your external ip in settings, or vice versa...

I am connecting via loopback to the external IP, no localhost involved in Apex. Are you reffering to the ADCH settings? I don't see a way to enter an IP, only the port. Thanks.

Edit: Also, it works in dc++ where I'm using the exact same settings as far as I can see.

Well still ADCH++ is booting you because you provide an IP that does not match the real one... as simple as that.

Well still ADCH++ is booting you because you provide an IP that does not match the real one... as simple as that.

Ok, I'll concentrate on that to see if I can fix it. Thanks for your time.

Sorry if my last reply came off as rude or blunt that was not my intention at all :)

Sorry if my last reply came off as rude or blunt that was not my intention at all :)

No worries, my own writing style is concise and I can distinguish between short and impolite :)