martix

Message block/ignore

5 posts in this topic

I was thinking - wouldn't it be great if there were an option to block the message/user if the message itself said/contained this or that?

This would help against all the annoying ads, spam and other crap bots try to stick us with. And some of them are annoyingly persistent.

Now, this may have been suggested before - but here's the twist: Include also pattern matching, a.k.a. regular expressions so we can actually battle said spam on equal footing.

+1 for this feature

I keep getting spam reports on opchat which is actually an advertisement of some sh1tty hub. Would be great if I could block it :thumbsup:

There is actually a very nice lua script on this forum providing just that kind of functions (and more).

There is actually a very nice lua script on this forum providing just that kind of functions (and more).

Mek likes this

1. I don't know how to get said script to run. Something is not really working right(I don't have any startup.lua and even when I create it I don't see any changes). And I really didn't see any possibility for pattern matching in the script.

2. Why not add this functionality natively to the program, just like the "Ignore users" field in the "Misc" category, only it should be "Ignore messages". I can see by the checkbox in that very same field that there is already a regex engine implemented, so it should really be fairly trivial to add.