Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Released: ApexDC++ 1.2.1

9 posts in this topic

After a few technical issues, 1.2.1 is now available to the public. We have been privately testing this maintenance release for a few months now in order to work out the high CPU issues that people encountered. You can read the full changelog or go straight to the download page to install your copy.

If you're experiencing issues with the latest version, it could be due to a number of issues in Windows Vista. Firstly, check out the UAC configuration guide out in order to fix permission issues, or secondly you must check this topic if you're experiencing 100% cpu usage.

As always, please donate if you appreciate our work. :)

Download: ApexDC++ 1.2.1 | How to upgrade | Connection issues

Congratulations on new release, always loving Apex! :)

Congratulations on new release, always loving Apex! :)

Heh, looks like nobody else wants to congratulate us for the second time. I've uploaded the latest translation file here.

i have been using version 1.2.0b for about a year and i can say that the last stable version was 1.2.0b

i installed 1.2.0(non-beta) and it had crashes. so i turned back to the beta version which never had crashes.

Now i installed the 1.2.1 version and it is also having crashes. When i leave my computer for a few hours and come back. apexdc does not open.

i do have to end the program via task manager.

The bad thing here is that i can not go back to version 1.2.0b which runs great on my pc.

When i do, it comes up with a window saying that i have to install the new version. when i close the window the program end.

It is kind of meaningless to force people to install the new version. (which does not even work normally)

And put an option like "Don't announce new ApexDC++ versions." in the settings.

It is really funny that i checked this option and it still announces.

i have been using version 1.2.0b for about a year and i can say that the last stable version was 1.2.0b

i installed 1.2.0(non-beta) and it had crashes. so i turned back to the beta version which never had crashes.

Please report the crash here, otherwise we can't fix it for 1.2.x. The Don't announce new ApexDC++ versions works when we do not force an update. We only do this when the version used is outdated and harms the network.

Please report the crash here, otherwise we can't fix it for 1.2.x. The Don't announce new ApexDC++ versions works when we do not force an update. We only do this when the version used is outdated and harms the network.

thanks for the reply. i just reported the crash to the link.

Can you, please allow us to use older version which does not crash. This time you forced us to download and use version which obviously does not work properly.

Do not instruct me to report crashes as I simply have nothing to report - it just crashes all over. It happens regularly on several computers with no clues about the crash.

Can you, please allow us to use older version which does not crash. This time you forced us to download and use version which obviously does not work properly.

Do not instruct me to report crashes as I simply have nothing to report - it just crashes all over. It happens regularly on several computers with no clues about the crash.

But you have to understand that if you always run for older version and just say "New version does not work" it in fact will never work.

Because if I knew what caused your crashes I would have worked on fixing them by now. In other words I need info from those who experience issues with the latest version in order to do something about them... because I do not personally get the "luxury" of experiencing every problem in ApexDC personally so that I could look into it.

Edit: also note that error messages or exceptioninfo's are not the only thing you can add to your bug report... Be creative about it, the more information the better (but too much of it isn't good either).

F.ex. When we ask of user having a problem with ApexDC++ "What were you doing?" Of course if he was not watching the app when the problem occurred he can't answer that but then the creativity comes in (because it is of no use for us if he states that ApexDC++ was running on the background), so then maybe he should tell us as much as he can about what could have been the "prerequisites" for the problem.

I could write a lot about how to report bugs here but please also take a look at this: http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showannouncement=4

There was a program back in the old days I was using StrongDC++, called MiniDump (or Dump-something, I can't remember) which you could use to retrieve as much information as possible on client crash (not responding). I don't know if it would be useful?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0