Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mek

Adding new folders to share

3 posts in this topic

It would be best to describe it by example, so here it goes:

Imagine you are connected to a hub, sharing some data. An user asks you to share something. You go to sharing settings and check the checkboxes of folders you want to share. Hashing process will start, you press OK and after hashing is complete, you tell the user that he can download your filelist. But the user sees the new folders unhashed (0 B in size). The solution is to refresh filelist once more (ctrl-E). Then all files which have been hashed appear in the filelist properly. To fix this strange behavior, a filelist refresh should be forced after completing the hashing process.

I don't know if this depends on my settings or if it is not a bug, rather a feature. Therefore I ask you if you encounter the same behavior?

I have not checked but it is possible that, during the hashing process, the client sends more MyInfo strings to the hub. Most hubs will ignore or delay these MyInfo changes for a certain amount of time because allowing to many MyInfo updates will greatly increase the upload rate of the hub. Thus, it is possible sometimes that even after more Ctrl+E the new files or folders added to share are still not fully updated on the hub... in which case you need to reconnect to solve this. The fact that you only have to Update File List one more time seems fine for me, but however I might be wrong.

no, no, I was not talking about share size in hub.

I was talking about empty directories in my filelist :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0