Aztek

More / commands

More / commands   7 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea ?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

I just thought up something of pure brilliance...

what about making a slash command for (maybe almost) ALL settings

examples

/set general/nick blah

Response: Nick changed from Cat to blah

/set connection/incoming/mode 4

Response: Incoming Connection Mode changed from Direct Connection to Passive

/set sharing/uploadslots 4

Response: Upload slots changed from 2 to 4

/set sharing/sharedfolders add "Programs" "D:\Share\Programs"

Response: Folder Programs added to share, indexing process started

im quite sure it is useful, it would solve SO many problems and make support SO much easyer !

Edited by Aztek

A great idea, would be very useful. I reminds me of mIRC interface. Come to that, perhaps there could be some co-operation between mIRC and Apex developers? If so, I'm sure we'd all be pleased, since mIRC achieved such an excellent flexibility with its interface.

The only question about this is will it take up too much time to work it out.

A great idea, would be very useful. I reminds me of mIRC interface. Come to that, perhaps there could be some co-operation between mIRC and Apex developers? If so, I'm sure we'd all be pleased, since mIRC achieved such an excellent flexibility with its interface.

the interface of mIRC is good yes but i doubt they are in any way compatible, the scripting language however rocks and i would also like that into apex :stuart:

Edited by Aztek

NO NO NO HELL NO

The basic user cant even master the command there is now adding more will just screw up even more this might be a good thing for a text client to focus on but apex has a GUI and there for shouldn't have more text commands that are unnecessary

NO NO NO HELL NO

The basic user cant even master the command there is now adding more will just screw up even more this might be a good thing for a text client to focus on but apex has a GUI and there for shouldn't have more text commands that are unnecessary

no not as a default, this whould help people helping because instead of helping users browsing some setting window, they only have to tell them to run the /command which is in 90% of cases easyer :stuart:

plus i myself would use it to set everything :blink:

edit: normal users wouldn't even notice any change in the client ...

just a bit bigger /help :P

Edited by Aztek

This is really quite pointless vote, for I decided long ago that no new text commands will be added, besides those that are part of another bigger feat. In short now new "shortcuts" will be added as a text command.

what about doing this as a plugin ?

Fine by me, as long as the one doing the plugin won't be me :crying: