The_Bat

Daily Log Files

12 posts in this topic

What I would like to see is logfiles split into seperate days instead of just one huge logfile (in much the same way as mIRC does). I know it's possible (there was at one time a DC++ client that I know could do it...but I don't remember which one now)

What I would like to see is logfiles split into seperate days instead of just one huge logfile (in much the same way as mIRC does). I know it's possible (there was at one time a DC++ client that I know could do it...but I don't remember which one now)

Edit: tested this and it's possible at present, so just edit your log file name settings :)

Edit: tested this and it's possible at present, so just edit your log file name settings :)

Cool thanks...but would that mean I'd have to rename it each time so it'd start a new one? or is there a way to set it to do that auto?

daily logs seem a bit to much, maybe weekly? or minimum 3 day logs?

Cool thanks...but would that mean I'd have to rename it each time so it'd start a new one? or is there a way to set it to do that auto?

yes just use %m %d %Y etc. in it they should work there :)

yes just use %m %d %Y etc. in it they should work there :)

Crise: Want really want this default for ApexDC++. Monthly is the best option here too.

Crise: Want really want this default for ApexDC++. Monthly is the best option here too.

Fine by me :)

Still, why not let it adjustable (daily-weekly-monthly)?

Edited by Zlobomir

Still, why not let it adjustable (daily-weekly-monthly)?

It is adjustable Zlobomir, you just gotta state what you want.

Okay now I'm confused (not hard by the way) I thought from what Crise said right at the beginning of the thread 'tested this and it's possible at present' that it mean't it wouldn't need to be added since it's already there?

Okay now I'm confused (not hard by the way) I thought from what Crise said right at the beginning of the thread 'tested this and it's possible at present' that it mean't it wouldn't need to be added since it's already there?

The ability to do daily/monthly logs is present, but it's not set to do so. Thus, in ApexDC++ we're going to have it set to produce monthly chat logs when installed, rather than the user having to configure it (in this case).

The ability to do daily/monthly logs is present, but it's not set to do so. Thus, in ApexDC++ we're going to have it set to produce monthly chat logs when installed, rather than the user having to configure it (in this case).

ahh now I understand thankyou :)