Aztek

How good is your PC

34 posts in this topic

I meant just for a try, if you have some free partition atm.

Hi, have you tried enabling PAE[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension] in vista? In theory it should fix this(if your bios supports 4GB, which we know it does). As you know, the other solution is to use 64 bit OS. BTW you can always try some live linux distro with kernel with PAE.

I hope you know that you can not use diffrent kind of mhz memory together and its best to use the same brand memory so the clock time whont get ****ed.

Umm, I am using 2 x 1 GB PQI 667MHz + 512MB V-DATA Memory Expert 800MHz right now. Sure, it does not say "Dual channel" anymore, but I ran Memtest, no errors, and I have 2.5GB in Windows. True, the PC randomly restarts, and I will remove the V-DATA to check. What PCI frequency do you recommend? Auto or 33.33, or some of the other two above values?

Always use auto unless you know what you are doing and/or overclocking.

I would drop the 800mhz memory cos its only cosing trouble, it screws up the timings in the dual channel chips and cannot run on more than 667mhz. +youre computer will be stable

Edited by RadoX

My new laptop has 5.3 :)

post-20976-1233353418_thumb.png

well i have XP,so i cant get that score atm :)

but here are the importants specs:

3,6GHz P4,4GB DDR1 RAM,Asus P4C800-E Deluxe,Saphire HD3650-512MB AGP,11,7TB HDD space.