Aztek

How good is your PC

34 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just curious, i just ran the speedtest on my computer after upgrading my cpu to a quad core (still haven't put in the second sli'd video card)

pfiatoolsvn3.png

5,9 - not bad me thinks :):D

what's yours ?

Edited by Aztek

My processor is 5.3 which lets my score down. :)

How fast is your RAM?

systemmemorypa0.png

i have one more 1 gb chip but the system doesnt start with it installed :)

fkn 32 bit :)

need unsigned driver install :(

p.s. those are 667 mhz chips ddr2 :)

Edited by Aztek

Have you tried installing the RAM in different slots? The more combos, the better chances.

yeah i have tried, and if i remove one and put the extra one in, then it works :)

thing is that 32 bit windows only supports 4 gb ram, and using 4x1024 is 4096 and for some reason the system starts but when windows should load, nothing.........

What is the result with the superboot CD (WinPE)? Actually, do you see 2048MB in BIOS? I am on WinXP 32bit with 2GB RAM (2x1GB PQI 667@~811MHz). If you like playing with BIOS updates, etc, should be solved.

Tis same with HDD space in 32 Bit windows, only 16 Tb is supported. Cest la vie.

Tis same with HDD space in 32 Bit windows, only 16 Tb is supported. Cest la vie.

Can believe on this one, but not the RAM issue. Aztek, it is not Windows fault this time! :) Some BIOS update, etc. should help. Or at least changing the RAM banks.

post-65-1205966143_thumbpng

Zlo, upgrade that RAM to 4.5Gb in XP, you'll see what we mean :)

I know about this. Try to run Win XP 32 bit on 33 CPUs platform. :) Please read what he is trying to do. In my case I oly shut the machine down, unplugged the cord, removed the cover, inserted the second bank, closed the cover.

i have one more 1 gb chip but the system doesnt start with it installed = I have one bank of 1GB + one more of 1GB?

i can have 2 gb, i actually have 3 gb of ram, but if i put in the last ram chip (4 gb) then the "windows" does not start, the POST runs fine, and it says it detects 4 gb of ram ...

the WINDOWS software is the thing that doesn't work if i put in all four chips, i read on wikipedia that all 32 bit software runs only with a max of 4 gb of ram, so i thought i could put four, but noooo...

You can use 4, if your bios support's it.

Just because your bios can read it, doesn't mean it support's it.

my bios is rated to be able to have 16 GB (4x4 GB)

Main Memory

Yeh, if your bios is up to date and your bios CMOS is set correctly windows SHOULD display 4G

im sure it would, if windows booted...

p.s. what's a memory hole ?

im sure it would, if windows booted...

p.s. what's a memory hole ?

Um, old setting used for ISA compliance. Maybe even missing in yours... However, I edited my post after some thinking. Please reread.

Still, +0.10V haven't killed my PQI. But I do not take the responsibility for your PC.

Edit: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/248252...ge-problem-k9a2 Seems it is... Vista! :( If you can, try XP.

"I have dualboot so I can boot XPx64 and there is no problems at all memmory works fine even at 893 Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.0volt

...as soon as I remove randomly chosen 2 modules of RAM - vista boots and operates fine. When I reinstall all 4 modules : on booting vista shows a blue screen and restarts emediately (even cant see what is the message) AND when I boot from Vista DVD it says: "your BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant" and freezes :( I've tryed with vista x86 and the same thing happens. Even though XP (32bit & 64bit) works fine!

...sounds like vista problem ?! what you think? "

Are you sure you loaded optomized defaults after flashing the latest bios?

as i said, i did not need to update the bios, because it is already the latest version.

secondly, i can't manually increase the voltage for the memory, to do that i need to use DOT wich overclocks everything if i understand it correctly...

thirdly, starting up with all four chips installed and starting to safemode windows stops when it has loaded crcdisk.sys

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4001/img01281nr7.jpg

You can still try with XP... just to prove is it Vista issue or not.

i am not willing to back to xp, i rather have 3 gb ram on vista than 4 on xp :)