The1Dude

Why is ApexDC++ banned from hubs?

6 posts in this topic

So today I finally take the time to setup ApexDC++, my first time I connect with ApexDC++, connect to a hub, before doing anything I take the time to go thru the hub rules, only point of caution for me: no uplimiters!!! Because my particular taste of files to dl is somewhat difficult to get (MMA fights/events) I thought "what the hey, I'll comply because Ï DON'T WANT TO CAUSE TROUBLE OR GET KICKED" :mellow: So i go into settings and disable the limiter which I did have activated, then I go back, start dl and.... I WAS BANNED!!!

The reason given was something like: "for not using official DC++ client"and a suggestion and a link to download an appropriate one. I must say never before had I experienced this :o:huh::( :stuart: :sick: :) :) :(

OK, so after watching a couple of screens of vain reconnection attempts by ApexDC++ I move on, I go look for another MMA hub, go thru the hub rules and guess what is the FIRST rule of the hub? See below if you guessed right:

"1] Use original DC++, oDC, StrgDC or DC-Gui (DC-gui must show their tag).

Other clients not mentioned above will get you banned. No warning will be given.

KFF Prefered Client is DC++, Download at: http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/download/"

:o:huh::( :fear: :sick: :wacko::) :)

So I have a couple of questions:

1) Why is this the reaction to ApexDC++.

2) How can I fix this, is quit using ApexDC++ the only solution???

-T1D

There is always such thing as DC++ emulation... (Favorite Hub Properties)

Though I must say that if this second hub you took as an example allows StrgDC (which I assume is short of StrongDC) I'd certainly like to know why ApexDC is not allowed.

For these issues in general though, the rules are set by the hub owners and we can't do anything about that, so either you emulate or look for another hub, or switch clients.

All good news update :)

I was worried I'd have to stop using ApexDC++ but I discovered this gem of a function you mention while adding hubs to the favorite list, I'm currently using it in the forum with the strict DC++ client guidelines and so far not a word from anyone :)

Also, I've been able to find a couple of hubs with "äny client supported policies" so even more good news :)

Thanks for the reply.

All good news update :)

I was worried I'd have to stop using ApexDC++ but I discovered this gem of a function you mention while adding hubs to the favorite list, I'm currently using it in the forum with the strict DC++ client guidelines and so far not a word from anyone :)

Also, I've been able to find a couple of hubs with "äny client supported policies" so even more good news :)

Thanks for the reply.

Well then your all set as long as that hub owner isn't on this forum...Cause if they are you just got yourself banned....LOL

Well then your all set as long as that hub owner isn't on this forum...Cause if they are you just got yourself banned....LOL

hi all

i allways use "emulate dc++" option and it works....but after beta 5 i receive "Sorry, we do not allow clients other than DC++ version 0.6## or higher. Please update your client ...."

any solution?

thnx in advance

hi all

i allways use "emulate dc++" option and it works....but after beta 5 i receive "Sorry, we do not allow clients other than DC++ version 0.6## or higher. Please update your client ...."

any solution?

thnx in advance

That hub might not have allowed for the new versions of DC++ being out.