Mikey_69

Steal a fuldc feature?

8 posts in this topic

I would like to have a function in Apex that FulDC and AirDC has, the /info which gives you Free/Total HDD, not really necessary, but a fun thing to have.

Is this possible to do without adding too much strain on the client?

"steal" is such a nasty word. Anyone can pickup am o.s. project and continue it, especially since original one "died" (and AirDC++ become unofficial continuation) .

Since we are at "Free/Total HDD" it's always a good time to implement some "don't start download if no free space on device" option :(

Haha, well, I choose the word steal cause it is a fuldc / airdc option atm, but I guess it can't be that hard to make such an option for apex, or implement it into the /stats function so it shows Free/Total HDD along with all the other stuff

Haha, well, I choose the word steal cause it is a fuldc / airdc option atm, but I guess it can't be that hard to make such an option for apex, or implement it into the /stats function so it shows Free/Total HDD along with all the other stuff

If AirDC and FulDC are open source then I would not refer to it as "stealing" and if its closed source then I suggest coming up with a different idea similar if not better then the original.. Thats what makes Apex better than the rest.. :(

You could use free space count only on partitions which are hosting shared files... I never liked in other clients (wont mention names) when he count free space on my C partition or removable HDD where I transfer video projects from work. Those partitions have nothing to do with share and I did get sometimes questions like, when you will fill out that free space, or... why all filled space isn't in your share... that would be original feature i guess...

Tell the people to not be so nosey.

It's none of their business what you use your drives for....

Tell the people to not be so nosey.

It's none of their business what you use your drives for....

Indeed, tell them you have lots and lots of massive VOB files or something.

Well, it's a fun little feature to have but yeah, it's noones buisness what you use or don't use your discspace for...

Would it be hard to implement it into Apex?