SatansEvilTwin

Problems Downloading

7 posts in this topic

I run a hub and run it on ynhub also. I dont have any problems. Make sure you have TCP/UDP forwarded for the hub on a different port to the one your running dc thru.

First thing is first if you are hosting the hub and the machine your are hosting it on is behind a router you need to connect via your internal i.p. if your computer that has apex is say 192.168.1.100 and the computer host the hub is 192.168.1.101 then you need to connect to the hub like so: 192.168.1.101:40000 If the hub and client is hosted on the same computer behind a router then you should connect 127.0.0.1:4000 or localhost:40000.

This information may be a little off base of the question but the question does reflect that you may not understand exactly how to do that. The purpose is if you connect to you rhub via external i.p or hub dns you are creating a loopback to your router that can crash your routers firware. By connect via LAN i.p you are connecting directly to the hub instead of an external source. I have seen folks who think that connecting via DNS is ok and have connection issues and/or smoked a router. This may not solve your current issue at hand but I do think its some helpful info to let you know how you should connect to your own hub on your LAN.

As for apex yourself to become active in your situation you put the external i.p in the box unless you are downloading on simply your LAN so put the external i.p you spoke of being 10.19.83.25 in the box on apex with the port being 40001 allowing both tcp and udp parameters. Make sure that that port is forwarded in your router to the correct computer.

Hope this info was somewhat helpful.

Note: I just realized I read your issue wrong and this info is probably false to you if your downloading on a strictly LAN connection, but may be helpful to others. Mods if this post is better off somewhere else please move or delete it.

Edited by Mikey

imo the post is fine, and only need to add that in case of a LAN hub, you should put the parameters Mikey described above in the corresponding section of hub's properties in Favorite hubs. So these won't affect the "internet" hubs you might be in.