xepA

Search beahviour

7 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm connected to one hub. So perform a search and get X number of hits on that file. Then I do Alternate Search (TTH) and I get WAY more hits.

I thought that maybe other files with same TTH have different file names so they don't appear as a hit, but I found that is not the case.

Can someone perhaps explain this?

Currently there is no "Refresh IP every [preset] minutes" feature in ApexDC++. Either use "Auto update IP on startup" if it's enough and works out for you, or follow the guide and get a dynamic DNS (no-ip is good too).

Currently there is no "Refresh IP every [preset] minutes" feature in ApexDC++. Either use "Auto update IP on startup" if it's enough and works out for you, or follow the guide and get a dynamic DNS (no-ip is good too).

WHAT are you talking about noctis...

p.s. i belive tth matches that file no matter the name but search only the name

@Noctis: Tnx. :) So when IP changes, and Apex reconnects to hubs, it will do it with a WRONG IP?

@Aztek: Noctis answered another one of my threads; ;)

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtop...amp;#entry16817

Regarding search; I did think that Search only matches the name but I type SOMETHING in search and search retruns ALL KINDS of SOMETHING names, like SOMETHIG_123.avi, XSOMETHINGX.mp3 etc.

TTH Search finds the same thing, only WAY more hits INCLUDING same hash files WITHOUT the Search name.

Now I would understand that TTH finds only DIFFERENTLY named files with same hash, but as I said it finds more files, with OR without the name.

This doesn't make any sense so I presume search works only for up to X hits or searches for up to X seconds OR is a Beta bug (1.0.0B4).

Usually hubs return different number of hits per different types of searches, esp. when passive user is searching. Might be this one.

@Staff:

1. Please lock the Guides once and forever, so only Staff could "mess them up". :P Users may submit comments on Guides for approval just like the Guides.

2. As a consequence of 1. , and my semi-moderator rights (no rights in Guides), now I can't do anything with the misplaced Noctis's post. Please fix. :)

np, Guides are our bad, I am sorry that can't find a good explanation for your search problem...