PaulB

PeerWeb crashes

15 posts in this topic

hello i wanted to report this crash that keeps on happening

exceptioninfo.txt

Reporting crashes with pwdc++ atm. is pretty much useless, as currently we do not fix any pwdc bugs because we plan on re-doing everything once StrongDC++ RC11 is out which will hopefully snatch many of the current bugs (and create some new ones, most likely ;))

If Strong ever becomes a stable client...

If Strong ever becomes a stable client...

true, and at this rate it seems to me that we don't see release of (stable) RC11 anytime soon :D

true, and at this rate it seems to me that we don't see release of (stable) RC11 anytime soon :D

But, stable it shall be. I've not ran a more stable version than rc11 cvs.

But, stable it shall be. I've not ran a more stable version than rc11 cvs.

yes i know it will be stable, but i don't know if it'll still be worth of aporx. 1 year wait, exspecially when there is no end to be seen for that wait any time soon (and you know why there is no end to be seen for it), exspecially now when BM don't have as much time for SDC than he had before (that's the impression i got anyway)

What about testing some of the planned features on pwdc++ while waiting (with a public release of course), and maybe fixing some easier bugs in the process ? :P :D

What about testing some of the planned features on pwdc++ while waiting (with a public release of course), and maybe fixing some easier bugs in the process ? :P:D

we are currently doing that, only difference is that we do it privately :)

we don't fix any bugs though...

EDIT:when i started to write this response, Crise hadn't already responded, Doh. However i think i should mabey leave it here as it may still have some valid points. if you diagree crise/lee please send this to trash :D

The new apex is going to be quit a bit different but we have to wait for the sdc release. The only changes that have been made to pwdc (as experiments) are quite minor or for the advanced user. Most users wouldn't even notice them.

strongDC or DC 0.6** project fix a lot of the bugs so Crise* needs to wait for this release so that he is not wasting his time. This same dependencies means that he cant make [stable] improvements as they may not be compatible with sdc+

*sorry if i have miss represented things

Edited by balder

EDIT:when i started to write this response, Crise hadn't already responded, Doh. However i think i should mabey leave it here as it may still have some valid points. if you diagree crise/lee please send this to trash :P

The new apex is going to be quit a bit different but we have to wait for the sdc release. The only changes that have been made to pwdc (as experiments) are quite minor or for the advanced user. Most users wouldn't even notice them.

strongDC or DC 0.6** project fix a lot of the bugs so Crise* needs to wait for this release so that he is not wasting his time. This same dependencies means that he cant make [stable] improvements as they may not be compatible with sdc+

*sorry if i have miss represented things

not much at least :D

as (almost) all code can be made compatible with the new sdc, so i could make some stable improvements... before sdc rc11, but since i'm not planning to merge to rc11, but to start fresh with it, making those improvements would be pretty much pointless. And as balder said the new sdc release is likely going to address huge ammount of bugs and issues as well, which i want to wait for :)

i don't know. :D

You give a guy a get out of jail free card and he just chucks it in the bin :P:)

Crise* needs to wait for this release so that he is not wasting his time. This same dependencies means that he cant make [stable] improvements as they may not be compatible with sdc+

all code can be made compatible with the new sdc, so i could make some stable improvements.
Edited by balder

not much at least :D

as (almost) all code can be made compatible with the new sdc, so i could make some stable improvements... before sdc rc11, but since i'm not planning to merge to rc11, but to start fresh with it, making those improvements would be pretty much pointless. And as balder said the new sdc release is likely going to address huge ammount of bugs and issues as well, which i want to wait for :P

At least you're practicing on the new stuff. It's easier to redo something already done before, right ? :)

btw. is the source for pwdc++ released ? And if not, will you make it publicly available when you're done with apexdc++ ?

At least you're practicing on the new stuff. It's easier to redo something already done before, right :D

yep, that's pretty much true in most cases :P

btw. is the source for pwdc++ released ? And if not, will you make it publicly available when you're done with apexdc++ ?

http://forums.apexdc.net/index.php?showtopic=50